What are the chances of a waitlist clearing?

Nashna

We decided at the last minute to join friends on a Canada/New England cruise.  The cruise shows "unavailable."  The cruise leaves in 20 days.  We have been on the waitlist for a week now for several different stateroom types.  I'm attempting to determine when we should consider this a lost cause.  I noticed that similar sailings on Princess are also showing unavailable.  Has anyone recently cleared a waitlist?

19 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Keep checking the princess site multiple times a day…..don’t rely on the waitlist.  You need to catch a cancelled room when it happens

I agree, log in early mornings. I was able to recently get a mini suite booked the had shown unavailable for weeks. category then sold out immediately after I booked. Just place a courtesy hold and then call and confirm. 

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

We decided at the last minute to join friends on a Canada/New England cruise.  The cruise shows "unavailable."  The cruise leaves in 20 days.  We have been on the waitlist for a week now for several different stateroom types.  I'm attempting to determine when we should consider this a lost cause.  I noticed that similar sailings on Princess are also showing unavailable.  Has anyone recently cleared a waitlist?

Did you waitlist this with a TA or CVP?

Perhaps they can check it periodically?

I’d probably check it everyday.😬
If this is capacity controlled, then anyone can cancel at any time. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, Princessfan20 said:

I wonder if waitlist will be a thing of the past when the new bidding system starts.  

For example we often book a Mini-suite and then have to wait list for a Club Class Mini suite to be come available.

Just wonder if that will even be an option anymore?

I would assume it will still be available since you would pay full price for the new room if you are waitlisted.  With bidding, princess would probably get less money.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fpsphil said:

I've snagged M107 2 days before departure before just by checking the website even though it was waitlisted

I love that stateroom!  It is the biggest bargain on the seas.  I reserve it whenever it whenever I can.  It is an amazing spot for the Ultimate Dinner.