Yet another arrivecan question.

JerryG0828

I'll be taking an Alaska cruise starting in Vancouver, BC and ending in Vancouver, BC with an additional stop in Prince Rupert.  I know I need to complete an arrivecan entry for the initial entry into Canada for the start of the cruise.  Can somebody who has recently cruised to Alaska round trip from Vancouver tell me from their personal experience if they had to create additional arrivecan entries for the additional times arriving into Canada?  Please no guesses from those who don't have first hand knowledge.

Thank you in advance for any information you can share!

4 minutes ago, JerryG0828 said:

I'll be taking an Alaska cruise starting in Vancouver, BC and ending in Vancouver, BC with an additional stop in Prince Rupert.  I know I need to complete an arrivecan entry for the initial entry into Canada for the start of the cruise.  Can somebody who has recently cruised to Alaska round trip from Vancouver tell me from their personal experience if they had to create additional arrivecan entries for the additional times arriving into Canada?  Please no guesses from those who don't have first hand knowledge.

Thank you in advance for any information you can share!

you need arrivecan when you cross the border as you already know.

you then delete that trip once you're in canada and add a new trip for your cruise and that's it, no more required even for return (arrivecan will ask when your cruise ends as well)

stupid easy... i had zero problems doing it for my RT vancouver cruise and will be doing it for my NE canada cruise in couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the rapid reply!

I spend the night before the cruise at a hotel in Seattle then take the Holland America shuttle bus from the hotel directly to the ship.  So do I create the second entry after I board the ship or can I create it as a second entry before the initial entry into Canada?

1 hour ago, JerryG0828 said:

Thank you for the rapid reply!

I spend the night before the cruise at a hotel in Seattle then take the Holland America shuttle bus from the hotel directly to the ship.  So do I create the second entry after I board the ship or can I create it as a second entry before the initial entry into Canada?

You can have only one entry at a time. Check with Holland America to see if they're checking for the second entry when you board the ship (Cunard did this in June) or if it will be checked before your return to Canada from Alaska at Prince Rupert. 

Thank you!  I'll call my PCC tomorrow and see if she has an answer.  I cannot delete the original entry for the land crossing into Canada and create the new entry until I get internet service on the ship as my cell service does not provide service in Canada.  Also since the shuttle bus takes us directly to the ship after clearing customs at the border there is no opportunity.

17 hours ago, JerryG0828 said:

Thank you!  I'll call my PCC tomorrow and see if she has an answer.  I cannot delete the original entry for the land crossing into Canada and create the new entry until I get internet service on the ship as my cell service does not provide service in Canada.  Also since the shuttle bus takes us directly to the ship after clearing customs at the border there is no opportunity.

You can do it upon arrival at the cruise port from the bus (there is wifi there) 

You need to do it before you Board the ship, when I was going on Koningsdam, they had people check for arrivecan before they let you go on the boat (past check in , immigration etc) and people who didn't do it had to do it at terminal using the wifi there. 

Since all your info is saved already in terms of travelers/proof of vac in your arrivecan account, you just need to add the cruise.. shouldn't take more than 5 mins.. probably just a couple 

Edited by gilboman

18 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

You can have only one entry at a time. Check with Holland America to see if they're checking for the second entry when you board the ship (Cunard did this in June) or if it will be checked before your return to Canada from Alaska at Prince Rupert. 

HAL checks for the correct ArriveCan code before you board.

On our August trip onboard Zuiderdam, right after we did the ArriveCan to enter the line, there was a staffer who said they would help us the the one for the return trip. Before we boarded the ship, we were already ArriveCan compliant for the return to Vancouver. We were never asked about it again and no one checked as we disembarked.

For those following this, don't be put off by the Start Over necessity to make a new entry; then it warns all your previous info will be deleted.  It deletes the arrival dates and the health info, but not the passport info and the vaccination document uploaded, assuming you saved these items.  You have to wait to do a new entry until after you've completed your visit to Canada from the first entry, otherwise that entry is deleted.