Best Time to purchase 'Deluxe Beverage Package'...?

24-105L

We've cruised before and we are sailing on Jewel of the Seas on 9th September...

Generally with the drinks packages the best offer arrived around 2 weeks before departure to pre-book drinks...

Anyone know if this is still the case...the Delux Beverage Package is currently on at £50.22 per person pre day...

Anyone expecting it to go lower...?

Cheers,

STEVIER

Edited by 24-105L
reword to add cruise

19 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Since I always have to go to my currency converter for USD prices, I think $59ish USD is about the best you will get. 

Yeah that is pretty good.  My Ovation this week is $67 and my Navigator three weeks from now is $71.

I'd be all over $59

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeBoy said:

How can you tell if there's a sale on the Beverage / Wifi / etc packages? Is there any way to tell external of the planner and guessing?

Do not pay attention to the sales hype and percentages off. They mean nothing. Royal can do some interesting math to make something appealing. Just go with the price. If you feel comfortable with it go ahead and buy it. If the price of the DDP goes down you can always cancel and rebook. If you don't know if a drink package is right for you it depends on how much you drink. Use this calculator to see if the DDP is right for you. Keep in mind the DDP covers all your soft drinks, water and coffees too.

https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Do not pay attention to the sales hype and percentages off. They mean nothing. Royal can do some interesting math to make something appealing. Just go with the price. If you feel comfortable with it go ahead and buy it. If the price of the DDP goes down you can always cancel and rebook. If you don't know if a drink package is right for you it depends on how much you drink. Use this calculator to see if the DDP is right for you. Keep in mind the DDP covers all your soft drinks, water and coffees too.

https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/

Wow. Sounds like shopping at Kohl's! 🤣

On 8/22/2022 at 6:37 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

Yes they are.  Just finished up 2 cruises this year on Jewel.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:58 PM, Tree_skier said:

Yeah that is pretty good.  My Ovation this week is $67 and my Navigator three weeks from now is $71.

I'd be all over $59

Just paid $66 for Jewel.  I thought that was a little high, but maybe not in the current climate?

• Like 2

I just booked my cruise and I know the prices are high in the cruise planner.  I took a couple of pictures of the prices to keep an eye on it in the future.  We are not sailing for another year, but I have usually found cheapest prices during Black Friday. 

44 minutes ago, slyster said:

I just booked my cruise and I know the prices are high in the cruise planner.  I took a couple of pictures of the prices to keep an eye on it in the future.  We are not sailing for another year, but I have usually found cheapest prices during Black Friday. 

Black Friday has always done well for us for booking a cruise.  

I checked prices today.  The only one that was down was a longer Grandeur cruise in late 2023.  It was $66.99; was $83.99 when I bought it original.  Used those savings to help pay for the upgrade to UDP on a couple of other short cruises.

Book it early and check prices fairly often…

We bought at the £50.22...so around $52.30...then when paying it added 18% on...so for our 10 day from Amsterdam...its £592.60 each so around $625... (it has 50% time at sea...and my wife's 60th when on board...)...we are back to back for the 9 day Greek etc from Barcelona after that...stopos almost every day...so just gonna pay our way...(Diamond too so 4 free drinks)...