Freaking out

Like everyone, I'm over the constant changes in policy over covid testing. We're flying to Rome on a Thursday and don't board until Sunday so we have to do our Optum antigen test, that RC pushes, on a Friday from the apartment we are renting, hoping that they have enough bandwidth to do the video call. Otherwise we'll be hunting for other options once we get there. Grrr. 

1 hour ago, linerode said:

Like everyone, I'm over the constant changes in policy over covid testing. We're flying to Rome on a Thursday and don't board until Sunday so we have to do our Optum antigen test, that RC pushes, on a Friday from the apartment we are renting, hoping that they have enough bandwidth to do the video call. Otherwise we'll be hunting for other options once we get there. Grrr. 

What is your sail date?

The "48 hours" they state is indeed confusing, however, RCI has said that it just needs to be 2 days prior. So if you are boarding on Monday, Sept. 19 you can take your test anytime Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 1

We were just in Rome in June and there are pharmacies all over the place that will do Covid testing with results within hours.  It should be very easy to find something close to your apartment...no need to freak out, you'll be fine. 

• Like 5

I’ll be using an eMed test but am just trying to figure out the timing. Other cruise lines have typically said two days before and not stated “48 hours.” Thanks. (First time on Royal in about 15 years, and I want to make sure I actually make it on the ship.)

16 hours ago, linerode said:

This past May, we stayed in Rome for a few days before our 10 day Med cruise on X. There are so many pharmacies in Rome, almost every corner, that you might consider doing that instead. It's so quick and easy, you'll get your results in minutes! If you don't want to wait, grab an espresso then go back!

Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, def0715 said:

Are children 11 and younger assumed to be free of COVID? They don’t have to test at all if I’m reading the protocols correctly. Baffling.

No, check protocols again. Depends on vaccination status and length of cruise.