Booking Confirmation Question

Afever

Has anyone seen this on their booking confirmation documents before? We have 4 people in the cabin, 2 guests have this canceled item listed, but the other 2 did not. I checked the booking on the MSC website and all the names are there in the cabin. Just wonder what this is and if anyone have any experience with this.

We booked thru a TA and I have called the TA. they asked MSC and the agent there said he doesn't see this on his end.

image.png.91b2683085cb4c675f69668c02e9a978.png

2 hours ago, Afever said:

Has anyone seen this on their booking confirmation documents before?

I've seen it a few times. It was related to cancelled/rebooked cruises using the same confirmation number. When a cruise is cancelled by MSC (for ex.) the booking number is used again for the new cruise that is booked. 

It's usually near the bottom of the confirmation pdf. I have one pdf that is 37 pages long that shows the same Cancelled Items line for 2 different cruises that were cancelled but the same confirmation number was used (even though they are different ships and different itineraries). It even shows "Cabin:  Guarantee Cabin" right next to "Category: YC3 - Yacht Club Royal Suite" which doesn't make sense, either. 

I've even seen it when I've added a better Voyager's Club discount. MSC basically cancels one cruise and starts over with the same confirmation number.  

2 hours ago, Afever said:

I checked the booking on the MSC website and all the names are there in the cabin.

You should be fine....as fine as an any MSC booking can be. 🙃

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've seen it a few times. It was related to cancelled/rebooked cruises using the same confirmation number. When a cruise is cancelled by MSC (for ex.) the booking number is used again for the new cruise that is booked. 

You should be fine....as fine as an any MSC booking can be. 🙃

Thank you. This makes me feel better. I was worried something was wrong with the booking.

I got sent a revised booking confirmation out of the blue last week. They had removed my cabin choice and replaced it with a Guarantee Cabin and changed my dining preference! Got through to them on the phone only to be told my original cabin had now gone 😀  They did sort it and I got a better cabin location but they had no explanation for why it had happened.