Almost Live: Northern Isles on Rotterdam August 28th 2022

VMax1700

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Was it open for lunch on embarkation?  

I am honestly not certain.  We do not go.  I prefer salad with balsamic dressing, fish and chips and bread pudding.  It's my first day initiation meal.

I did hear someone ask about MDR lunch and they were told it closes at 1pm.  So hearsay would have it open ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VMax1700 said:

I am honestly not certain.  We do not go.  I prefer salad with balsamic dressing, fish and chips and bread pudding.  It's my first day initiation meal.

I did hear someone ask about MDR lunch and they were told it closes at 1pm.  So hearsay would have it open ok.

I seem to remember you are more of a lido person.  Thanks for the hearsay just the same.  I hope it's open on my next cruise after it being closed every time.

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

A little bit of this and a little bit of that! 😉 better know as 'pick and mix'. 😂

Its all good.  The food is really fine in the Lido. It just don't like waiting behind someone that can't decide what to put on their salad.  They should have an express lane for those that know what they want.

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Its all good.  The food is really fine in the Lido. It just don't like waiting behind someone that can't decide what to put on their salad.  They should have an express lane for those that know what they want.

Said like a true ..............Larry!  (curb your enthusiam!)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've only seen that show once or twice.  Somehow I don't think that's a compliment 😉

I think he is brilliant.  Just the sort of guy I would like to be.  HE would be looking for a fast lane too.  Doesn't suffer fools, in fact doesn't really suffer anyone 🤣

• Like 4

I'm perfectly happy with Lido for lunch.  Or Dive In or Pizza or Deli.  But I like MDR for dinner.

Bread pudding!  I make sure to get to Lido before it closes in the afternoon and get some along with my PG Tips tea and have my own afternoon tea.  Of course, on this ship, I may be visiting the Dutch Cafe mid-afternoon to get my snack to hold me over from lunch until dinner. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I gave up trying to post most of my pics from my cruises since the restart.

Someone explained that unless you rotate your camera a specific way, the software here won't post them correctly.

It's ridiculous, really.

You're killing me with the bread pudding pics!

Mushroom risotto sounds nice. 

• Like 1

There's a current thread about how disappointing the Lincoln Center Stage performances are on this ship.  Have you heard them at all?  Part of me wonders if it's just a new group of people performing together for the first time and getting used to each other (and probably the playlist).

3 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

There's a current thread about how disappointing the Lincoln Center Stage performances are on this ship.  Have you heard them at all?  Part of me wonders if it's just a new group of people performing together for the first time and getting used to each other (and probably the playlist).

I have seen the thread, but have not yet seen the performers on stage as a new performer joined them yesterday (she was staying in Hotel New York prior to boarding and they did not perform yesterday).  I will give them a day or two to gel.

• Like 2

We had our CC Meet and Greet this morning and there was a great attendance however HAL totally dropped the ball and we had a very cramped space.

When I went to Explorations Central at 10.30 (for our 11am M&G) there was a roped area but it was full of people.  I found a Food & Beverage Manager and asked how we were supposed to have our event with all these 'outsiders' present?  They were helping themselves to  the coffee and water that was to be available for our group.  (Not their problem as they did not know what was going on!)

Eventually some of the staff started telling people that they had to vacate their seats and move out as the area was reserved for a private party.  Well, that went down like a lead balloon!  And I don't blame the people at all.  I would have been upset if asked to move from where I had managed to find a seat in a supposed open space.

Eventually the staff cleared a small area and asked me if we needed more space as they would start clearing others from their seats!!!!  Well, I said 'no thanks, we will manage'.  I really did not want to be the focus of a lynch mob.  

So a word of warning to any others arranging M&G on Pinnacle class ships that are fully booked......do not use Explorations Central for your event.  Ask for a  room somewhere else on the ship.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just a note to say that on evening 1 there were no chocolates and no towel animals.

Evening two which is 'dressy' and we have chocolates and towel animals.

Still have not received any HAL bag.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I saw your crackers I thought wow how “fancy” 😛 having crackers.  Then I saw you brought them.  That is crazy about the meet and greet.  It shouldn’t have been a surprise to them.  I only got chocolates on dressy nights on the koningsdam.  Sometimes not even then. Maybe they ran off with the crackers 😀.