Medallion accessories pre-cruise?

rjack22

There are lots of places to buy accessories.  Most have said to use Apple Air Tag items (they fit).  You can purchase them when you order your Medallion.  You can purchase them at a little kiosk between the photo department and the theater/club aft.  Keep it simple. 

I have one that has rhinestones.  They interfere with the signal.  I have a clip with a ring ring at the other end.  Clip attaches to shirt, pockets, waist bands, purse, etc. out of sight. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

Is there anyplace to buy the Princess medallion accessories prior to your cruise?   I have my eye on the bracelet.

And if not, where would I go on the Sky Princess to purchase them?

Pre purchase… look on the App. Order your ocean medallion and you’ll see what you can buy.

$6 shipping charge or buy it on the ship for a few more dollars.  Much easier to see and try on what you are buying.  I think about it for every cruise.  Then pass on it.  So many other ways to carry medallion.

Someone did post that it could be exchanged/returned on the ship.  Not confirmed.

5 hours ago, rjack22 said:

Is there anyplace to buy the Princess medallion accessories prior to your cruise?   I have my eye on the bracelet.

And if not, where would I go on the Sky Princess to purchase them?

Go to Amazon or other online resources and look for Apple Air Tag accessories.  An Air Tag is the same size as the medallion, and the Air Tag items cost about half as much, and there is a much wider variety of items.

Thanks for all of the replies.    I did look in the app but there wasn't a bracelet offered there.   I am not looking for an Air Tag but rather the bracelet which I have not seen in an Air Tag version.  

Question for Capriccio.  Since you have the bracelet, or at least know more about them.  How do they go on your wrist?   Do they slide over the hand or do they have a clasp?

24 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

Thanks for all of the replies.    I did look in the app but there wasn't a bracelet offered there.   I am not looking for an Air Tag but rather the bracelet which I have not seen in an Air Tag version.  

Question for Capriccio.  Since you have the bracelet, or at least know more about them.  How do they go on your wrist?   Do they slide over the hand or do they have a clasp?

They have a clasp and run very very small. Too tight and restricting for me. I tried one on in person and glad I did. I have settled on pretty lanyards. If you have a tiny wrist, the bracelet is gorgeous!

51 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

It has a clasp.  I found it very comfortable and had no problem wearing it snorkeling and river tubing.

Edited by capriccio

1 hour ago, rjack22 said:

The bracelet is in and out of stock on the app, so keep checking. My mom was able to order one before they disappeared again. You can pick it up at port, which is free.

it has a very strong clasp and I needed help putting it on and taking it off until I learned the trick of it. I have very small wrists and found a medium was perfect. I’m not sure who a small would fit. Maybe a child or an extremely petite woman

2 hours ago, rjack22 said:

Well I might be in trouble as I have a large wrist.   Guess I had better wait and see it and try it in person.

Try them on if your looking at the bangle bracelets, they do run small. The plastics/recycle bracelets seem fine for large wrists. 

Order your Medallion though, there’s no shipping charge for the free Medallion and free lanyards.

16 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Pre purchase… look on the App. Order your ocean medallion and you’ll see what you can buy.

Are you referring to the bangle bracelet or the plastic/rubber one?

I have them all.  Others have mentioned the bangle is pretty, but runs small. Try on the large.  I would NOT wear this swimming, because it fits an area inside the metal that is also magnetic. It can fall out if hit or turned wrong.  Otherwise, just check it periodically.  The rubber ones are great for snorkeling or swimming. No problems there.  I also have the pendant.

But, don’t like that I have to pop the medallion out for some purposes or to go off and on the ship. The chain is so short and not easy to take off.

Anyway, check OB for the accessories for comfort.

But, do order your Medallion to be shipped to you if you’re in the US.

I ordered the silver bracelet and the sport clip (do NOT recommend the recycled ones - more on that later) and one of the wristbands (again do NOT recommend the recycled ones) through the app. Each item was about $7 cheaper than buying on board but only had to pay one $6 shipping charge so overall I saved money by purchasing in advance through the app. If you're only wanting one item it might be easier to wait until you're on board.

I wanted to love the bracelet but it's an odd shape. It's not big enough for me to really consider it a bangle (even the large) but it isn't the right shape for a close fitting bracelet. It's very round whereas most wrists are oval. So even the large squeezed the sides of my wrist and gaped at the top and bottom.It's not comfortable on my wrist. If it were REAL silver it would be somewhat easy to reshape it but it's just silver-toned and seems like a brittle metal that would break if I tried to bend it. I also find that the clasp on mine is NOT very secure. It pops open frequently. That might be related to the fact that it doesn't fit me well but I would NOT use it for anything active.  I still use it for dinner but that's really all.

I love the sport clip and use it almost exclusively. It's easy to use and has a pretty sleek profile. I find the medallion is very secure in it and it works perfectly clipped to my collar, coat pocket, swim suit strap,  etc. I really don't like having stuff around my neck so the lanyard is something I basically only use for embarkation and disembarkation. 

My partner has one of the rubber wristbands and likes it. I found it bulky so I'm glad I didn't get one for myself. 

The recycled clip and wristband are very low quality IMO. Brittle cheap plastic and the band is too rigid. I also really disliked that the medallion is secured in place with two plastic pieces that snap and twist together, not a magnet like the other bands and clips. It is a hassle to switch out the medallion. So unless you were just going to use the recycled band or clip for all day, everyday use you'll be having to take off and disassemble the pieces to switch out your medallion. Which was also my complaint about the original lanyard holders. The new lanyard clip style is a HUGE improvement. 

To confirm what @cre8tiv1 said above, they DID allow me to return the awful recycled sport band on board that I had purchased in advance through the app.

I want the bangle holder.    Or at least I do if it fits me.  I can wear a 7.25" bracelet if need be but I prefer an 8".   So I might just be out of luck.

I did see an Air Tag holder on Amazon that slides onto your watch band (if you have a band that opens).  I don't want the sport bands because I already wear a watch and don't need straps on both wrists.  So if the bangle doesn't work out then its either the watch holder or a clip.   

Thanks everyone for all of your input.  It has been most helpful!