Antigen testing for Princess from Southampton

Hornet95

Can anyone based in the UK tell me what Princess accepts as 'Self-administered Antigen' test. Does it mean that I can use a standard home test to test myself, report the result to the NHS with the receipt of confirmation from NHS as proof of negative. Failing that can anyone supply me with a telephone number that will put me through to a Princess UK office ?

Thanks ! 

We are UK based and cruising out of Southampton in October and understand from Princess that we just have to "attest" (tell them) that we have taken an antigen test and it was negative so long as we have proof of all our vaccinations ie two doses and a booster.  There is a posting on here today from someone embarking in Southampton and he says that is exactly what has happened.  

5 hours ago, Hornet95 said:

Thank you but it is the meaning of 'Self-administered Antigen' that I'm trying to understand - to me that sounds like I can take an unsupervised test and report the result. 

You take the test, and hopefully it is negative. When you get to Southampton you will be asked if you tested, and was the test negative. You simply answer "yes" to both questions. Couldn't be more simple.

8 hours ago, Hornet95 said:

Thank you but it is the meaning of 'Self-administered Antigen' that I'm trying to understand - to me that sounds like I can take an unsupervised test and report the result. 

It's exactly what it sounds like to you. I know it's kind of hard to believe. 🤪

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm curious as to how this might deviate for anyone who has contracted Covid and is "recovered" (i.e. it was less than 90 days) and just *might* still test positive?

Normally LFTs are pretty good at testing negative within 10 days of Covid first being detected.

They will ask you if you have taken a test in the past 36 hours and if you say yes, they thank you and you move on.  No proof of test required.  They do, however, ask you to how proof of having the vaccine....a picture of the certificate is ok...you don't need the original.

It's pretty loose.....hopefully everyone responds truthfully.  We are on day 10 of a 14 night cruise with these new guidelines (sky princess) and the captain told us at noon today that covid levels on ship have risen and we should wear masks at all times when around others.  At best 50% of the other passengers have listened.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

They will ask you if you have taken a test in the past 36 hours and if you say yes, they thank you and you move on.  No proof of test required. 

It was my understanding that they would ask the *result* of the test as well.  It is my concern as to what happens next if you answer "positive" due to recovering.  This does not seem to be covered anywhere that I can find!

21 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It was my understanding that they would ask the *result* of the test as well.  It is my concern as to what happens next if you answer "positive" due to recovering.  This does not seem to be covered anywhere that I can find!

No one is going to answer positive.!