14 days to Platinum

hey-buc

3 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Good old Platinum sure ain't what she used to be!😥

It actually used to be easier to obtain Platinum status until the last overhaul of the VIFP system. When I started cruising you only needed 10 cruises to reach Platinum status regardless of the number of days. 

1 hour ago, Indianamale said:

It actually used to be easier to obtain Platinum status until the last overhaul of the VIFP system. When I started cruising you only needed 10 cruises to reach Platinum status regardless of the number of days. 

I gave up on Carnival for a while when they did that. At the time, I needed two more cruises. Instead, it took me six. Finally reached it this summer.

That said, I stepped on the ship last cruise with 74 points, but with Platinum status. That doesn't happen on the other major lines. You have to earn it first.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indianamale said:

That's how we did it.  #10 was on the Inspiration 12 years ago.  #35 will be on Freedom in December.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Indianamale said:

This.  Old system would have taken me 25 cruises to reach Diamond.  It now took me 30 because of sea days instead of cruises. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hey-buc said:

They are still gold

17 hours ago, hey-buc said:

They are still gold

If you are booked and your reaching your 75th day during the cruise your tag should say platinum. As you say it's not call Carnival and ask why not.

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If your 75th day is debark day, you will need to wait until next cruise.  The tags will not update until you complete check in.  What day does your Cruise Manage say check in will be available?

Says November 11, 2022

On 8/30/2022 at 4:53 PM, hey-buc said:

We are at 61 sea days and have a 14 day cruise this coming November. Will we have Platinum perks that cruise? Thanks

Same for me, I turn platinum while on my upcoming Mardi Gras cruise in October 22  and my luggage tags say Platinum

On 8/31/2022 at 7:54 PM, Frank12 said:

That's how we did it.  #10 was on the Inspiration 12 years ago.  #35 will be on Freedom in December.

When the change over to the current sytem took place, Carnival gave everyone a year to complete the 10 cruise threshold for Platinum. I had nine in the books so I just added one additional four day cruise during that year to make it. I thought that was a nice gesture by Carnival to accommodate those cruisers who were on the cusp.

• Like 1