Stateroom 3057 on the Viking Ocean

May B

Does anybody know what’s next to this stateroom, on the side towards the atrium?

We had the choice of 3057, 3039 and 3063. I chose 3057, but I’m curious what’s just to the side that isn’t another stateroom.

3057 is above Torshavn and some posts have complained of noise in the evenings.  We were in 3039 and LOVED our cabin: no noise whatsoever, adjacent to the forward lifts and stairs, near the Theater (and excursion departures) and two flights down to the spa.  We would not hesitate to book this cabin again.  3063 is aft and above the Restaurant.  I haven't read of complaints of noise from this location. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, May B said:

Does anybody know what’s next to this stateroom, on the side towards the atrium?

We had the choice of 3057, 3039 and 3063. I chose 3057, but I’m curious what’s just to the side that isn’t another stateroom.

Cabin 3057, on the aft end has the fwd end of the lifeboat deck and the Atrium. Just aft of the cabin you have a door that provides access to the upper Stbd alleyway in the Atrium.

• Like 1

We were just in 3054 on the opposite side and loved the location! Yes some noise from Torshavn a couple nights but never enough to disrupt our sleep.. 3057 is probably the last room before you enter the open atrium area…its very quiet area

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

We were in 4069 on the Venus…we were a GTY (never again) and were assigned this stateroom. it is a DV located directly above the lifeboats/tenders.  We found the room lovely and the noise awful.

Spent 100-days above L/B #2 and other than hearing the quiet electric motor topping up the accumulator pressure, it was quiet, other than tendering days.

However, on the previous cruise, Jim had already taught them how to secure the boats properly.  If the boats are making noise at sea, they haven't been properly stowed and secured. All it should take is a single trip to the Purser's Desk to request the Deck Department address the issue.

Otherwise, call Jim or I and we will teach them.😁

• Haha 2

if you are a light sleeper,  go to bed before midnight and Torshaven is back to being busy you will not be happy in 3057 we were in the room next door.  I think for some reason starboard side is noisier.  Some performers also use Torshaven for practice during the day.  And of course my horror story of the passenger who wanted to practice his crooning at 5:30 am (he had permission) with all the amps on LOUD!!!  Once we figured that out,  his permission was revoked!  Plus Viking eventually moved us to another stateroom as well as those staying in 3055!

Edited by deec
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 5:53 PM, Moonlion said:

3057 is above Torshavn and some posts have complained of noise in the evenings.  We were in 3039 and LOVED our cabin: no noise whatsoever, adjacent to the forward lifts and stairs, near the Theater (and excursion departures) and two flights down to the spa.  We would not hesitate to book this cabin again.  3063 is aft and above the Restaurant.  I haven't read of complaints of noise from this location. 

Thank you! This helps.  

17 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

We were in 4069 on the Venus…we were a GTY (never again) and were assigned this stateroom. it is a DV located directly above the lifeboats/tenders.  We found the room lovely and the noise awful.

Thx for this input! Noise from the Atrium, I think you mean?

16 hours ago, Jjg34219 said:

We were just in 3054 on the opposite side and loved the location! Yes some noise from Torshavn a couple nights but never enough to disrupt our sleep.. 3057 is probably the last room before you enter the open atrium area…its very quiet area

Yes, that’s exactly what it is!

5 hours ago, deec said:

if you are a light sleeper,  go to bed before midnight and Torshaven is back to being busy you will not be happy in 3057 we were in the room next door.  I think for some reason starboard side is noisier.  Some performers also use Torshaven for practice during the day.  And of course my horror story of the passenger who wanted to practice his crooning at 5:30 am (he had permission) with all the amps on LOUD!!!  Once we figured that out,  his permission was revoked!  Plus Viking eventually moved us to another stateroom as well as those staying in 3055!

Wow!