Club Orange Confusion

alyssamma

Can anyone explain how the club orange upgrade works? I want to book the lowest possible verandah (on a Pinnacle class ship) and know what I could upgrade to.

I called HAL 2x...the first time the rep said I could upgrade to a Pinnacle suite which made zero sense so I hung up and called again. The second rep said I had to purchase the highest V cat, which defeats the purpose of the upgrade.

As is so often the case, I'm hoping someone here knows more than the people who work for HAL.

TIA

• Haha 1

Neither is true.  Purchase your cruise (lowest level verandah guarantee in your case) and at the same time ask to purchase Club Orange.  Ask which cabin you can upgrade to before your finalize the deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Neither is true.  Purchase your cruise (lowest level verandah guarantee in your case) and at the same time ask to purchase Club Orange.  Ask which cabin you can upgrade to before your finalize the deal.

LOL, I knew neither was true 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply!

54 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Can anyone explain how the club orange upgrade works? I want to book the lowest possible verandah (on a Pinnacle class ship) and know what I could upgrade to.

I called HAL 2x...the first time the rep said I could upgrade to a Pinnacle suite which made zero sense so I hung up and called again. The second rep said I had to purchase the highest V cat, which defeats the purpose of the upgrade.

As is so often the case, I'm hoping someone here knows more than the people who work for HAL.

TIA

Oh I so would have taken the upgrade to the pinnacle suite 😛👏😉.  That’s one for the books.

• Haha 5

Just now, alyssamma said:

Within V, can you upgrade to the Spa Verandah's? (i.e., VQ I think...)

I believe you should be able to.  I think the balconies are smaller so keep that in mind.  I thought I read that someone upgraded to a vs which I wouldn’t think you could do but I’ve never tried.  I’ve just gone from the obstructed balcony to a v which I’m happy with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Within V, can you upgrade to the Spa Verandah's? (i.e., VQ I think...)

Here are photos of a Pinnacle Class VQ including one pic of the balcony. You can see that you would have to turn sideways to use the footstool to semi-recline. But it is not the tiny "Juliet" balcony of the spa veranda on the Eurodam...

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/10031-koningsdam/

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Here are photos of a Pinnacle Class VQ including one pic of the balcony. You can see that you would have to turn sideways to use the footstool to semi-recline. But it is not the tiny "Juliet" balcony of the spa veranda on the Eurodam...

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/10031-koningsdam/

Those ones suck on the eurodam in my opinion.  Clearly for others too since that “mistake” wasn’t repeated on subsequent ships.

• Like 1

I had to pay for CO when I booked.  I work with a PCC.  I paid for an obstructed view verandah and upgraded to an aft verandah.  Adding CO ($25 per day for 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Rotterdam) was less than the cost of the aft verandah.  

• Like 3

I also have booked the lowest category obstructed verandah and upgraded to a VS aft-facing balcony when purchasing Club Orange.  I usually go through the booking process on the HAL website until it asks what cabin I want to book. I choose the aft cabin I prefer, note the cabin number and specifically ask to be upgraded to that number when I call my consultant at HAL. 

• Like 1

I recommend booking the lowest priced room in your category group and then - with your booking number handy along with a cabin# or two you know is available in that general category to which you aspire - call the Club Orange phone number.

We’ve done this several times and the person answering gave us the exact cabin number upgrade we wanted and added the cost to our cruise fare for final payment. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0106 said:

I had to pay for CO when I booked.  I work with a PCC.  I paid for an obstructed view verandah and upgraded to an aft verandah.  Adding CO ($25 per day for 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Rotterdam) was less than the cost of the aft verandah.  

That's exactly what I just did, not without aggravation from my TA, who said it couldn't be done.  He  finally got  it refared to the obstructed view, and kept the aft veranda, I originally booked, before I realized I wanted club orange, and  could do what you're talking about. Saved a bunch of money, and got gratutities included, which weren't before.

I'm a happy camper. I had to pay for the CO now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

Did you have to pay now or have it added to your cruise fare for final payment?

I paid it now, but didn't have to pay a deposit. Of course because of Labor Day the deposit was only $25pp, but still they only charged the CO price.