When did Pinnacle Grill start charging for appetizer?

TotallyCruzin

1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

l always order the Filet and most times it is excellent!  I order the smaller one, 8 oz I think, so I guess now I will have to step up to the 10 oz.   Makes up for dropping the 2nd app, I guess!

No, I  believe you have it backwards, it has gone from 10 oz to 8 Oz, only filet choice now. Wonderful recently on our Rotterdam adventure, maybe once a week for 4 weeks, not including sea day lunches!  Service, food great, not fond of the $7 extra charge for extra app, but oh well, $7 for a nice wedge salad or a nice shrimp cocktail, or clothesline bacon not a deal killer for me.

Doug

53 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

The menu posted/quoted was from September.  At that time they had the 2 different sized filet mignons (old menu).  Oct 1 started the new menu - the only filet mignon is 8 ounces.

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks for clarifying.  It makes my point I think - I used to get the 7 oz and now they are forcing me to upsize to an 8 oz!  Costs HAL more for me on this.  However they are saving by no more lobster bisque for me.

Edited by DaveOKC

Dined at PG last night on Zaandam for our final meal and had the filet. The only choice available was the 8oz. I always used to order the larger filet in the past, but found the 8oz cut to be tender and sufficient. Yes, it is a cutback, but far less offensive than many others these days.

1 hour ago, echoshipmate said:

I see that, but on Rotterdam from Oct.30 to Nov.30, no 10 oz on the menu.

I was also on that cruise. I have eaten at the Pinnacle Grill since 2003, and it's always been great. This trip... Insanely hands down horrible. I mean Denny's would have been an upgrade horrible. That was the day they started the $7.00 up charge if you wanted to add a course that should have been included. The food was horrible. The waiter, rude and horrible. The Maitre D that comes to the table to ask how things are going? Nope. No where to be seen. An example of then and now? If you ordered the sauted mushrooms before... Button mushrooms. Now? Canned stems and pieces, about one tablespoon full, with gravy. The Baked Alaska didnt have any ice cream in it. The meringue was grainy with sugar. We had high hopes that we could send it back, but there was no one to ask. Mister was the waiters name, and he wad not busy with other tables. We usually tip $40.00 over. He was so bad we left him nothing. 

Hopefully the Volendam finds a way to cut back and still make the Pinnacle Grill an enjoyable occasion.

48 minutes ago, MikeD4134 said:

I was on Eurodam June 22, 2022 to July 6, 2022.  Ate at the Pinnacle 4 times, meals were always very good.  No surcharges for anything except the Lobster, Cavier, 16 oz. Delmonico Steak and Tomahawk Rib Eye.

You have a surprise waiting for you on your next cruise. Our Rotterdam cruise was night and day compared to our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in November 2021.