All Access Ship Tour - Symphony

blueslily

Hello all,

I've seen this topic on here, but it was mostly about this tour not being offered due to COVID. So, in my cruise planner for my upcoming cruise on Symphony in December, the All Access Ship Tour is being offered for $158.99. I read the description. It seems ok, but not really thrilling. I have a first time cruiser going with me on this sailing so I was looking into options that might be a little different than my norm or might be nice pluses for my cabin mate as a first time cruiser. 

For anyone that has gone on this tour recently on Symphony since the cruise restart (not prior to COVID), what was the tour really like? What was the best part of the tour for you? Were there significantly boring parts of it? I know perception if experience can vary, but the more details the better.   I want to compare apples to apples. So, just the Symphony and just recently please because I understand that things before COVID could have been different and tours on different ship might be a little different as well. 

Thanks everyone! 

While I can't really answer your specific question, I have heard that even though they are selling the ship tour, it is often getting cancelled.  Now that may be changing currently.  Hopefully, someone with some direct experience can chime in.  

4 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

That is highway robbery!

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Agreed

I just recommended also to a first time cruiser, looking for something "special", this tour... For Wonder [new ship??] the rate is..... 189.50$ !!!!!

7 years ago, on Allure, DH has done it for 99$, and I thought then that's highway robbery....

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I just recommended also to a first time cruiser, looking for something "special", this tour... For Wonder [new ship??] the rate is..... 189.50$ !!!!!

7 years ago, on Allure, DH has done it for 99$, and I thought then that's highway robbery....

Hahahaha, Yes, it's probably a no go at that rate for us. LoL. But, that is the "sale" price for goodness sakes, lol. 

5 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I booked it for the Navigator in July and two weeks prior they canceled it.  

Yes, I've read that folks that sailed earlier this year had cancellations. Will see if there is any better luck at the end of the year. Although with the hefty price tag, I'm not feeling overly concerned about that. Hahahaha. 

I bought it for our upcoming Voyager cruise for $98pp when it appeared in CP last week.  I checked today since the Labor Day sale is going on, and it shows $119pp, but it states "Check Onboard" now.  I'm not sure if that is because I already bought it, or if they are no longer selling it.  

5 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I bought it for our upcoming Voyager cruise for $98pp when it appeared in CP last week.  I checked today since the Labor Day sale is going on, and it shows $119pp, but it states "Check Onboard" now.  I'm not sure if that is because I already bought it, or if they are no longer selling it.  

Thanks for the heads up. It is now 159$ for Wonder... ☹️

If you are looking specifically for info on the Symphony, only since the tours have resumed, the pool is pretty small right now.  Over the next few months you might get more feedback, since they really have only resumed in the past week.  If you are familiar with Matt’s blog about RC, he did a review this week on his tour aboard Mariner.  

Agree with others that it is a good option for a first time cruiser, or someone has never done one.  Some aspects may not be as interesting, but everyone should find parts interesting, especially the bridge.  

11 hours ago, wdwkings said:

If you are looking specifically for info on the Symphony, only since the tours have resumed, the pool is pretty small right now.  Over the next few months you might get more feedback, since they really have only resumed in the past week.  If you are familiar with Matt’s blog about RC, he did a review this week on his tour aboard Mariner.  

Agree with others that it is a good option for a first time cruiser, or someone has never done one.  Some aspects may not be as interesting, but everyone should find parts interesting, especially the bridge.  

Thanks. Yes, I will ask again in another month and see if anyone has experience with it and then again a month later. We have time. Glad to hear that it has restarted. But, cant say just the bridge being interesting making it worth that hefty cost. I will keep an eye on the cost as well.  Yes, I'm familiar with Matt's blog.  Thx.