Partner Dancing on Celebrity

LetsBoogie

Hi Cruisers! My husband and I are thinking of a short cruise this winter. We both love partner dancing: salsa, hustle, swing, etc. Have any other dancers taken the Silhouette or Summit and found some good dance spots or bands on the ship? We would love to find some Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble type music--does that even exist here? Do you think anyone else would dance as partners or would we be the only ones? Or, have any others dance lovers found a short cruise on a different line that's better for this? I truly appreciate your guidance!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, DCPIV said:

The Rendezvous Lounge on Summit (and Millennium) has a great dance floor and often has music to suit what you're looking for. 

Milly did a REFURB and cut the Rendezvous dance floor in half.  It is terrible.

M class has Rendezvous and Constellation lounge, being JAZZ sneakers or similar because Constellation is a metal floor and will tear up your shoes

I saw the program for INFINITY 2w weeks ago and it had recorded ballroom on day one.   That is the only one I saw.

Princess GRAND class generally has recoded ballroom 5-7ish

General rule- newer the ship, smaller the dance floor

1 hour ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

General rule- newer the ship, smaller the dance floor

Not true! The Edge has an excellent sized dance floor in The Club.

As Ballroom/Latin dancers we have however been disappointing with the opportunities to dance on Celebrity ships compared with Princess. Having said that, on our last cruise aboard Regal Princess this summer there was very little opportunity to dance in the atrium compared with previous cruises.

We are looking to book Beyond next year and plan to visit The Club most nights to Cha Cha, Rumba, Salsa and Jive.  

16 hours ago, Esprit said:

Not true! The Edge has an excellent sized dance floor in The Club.

As Ballroom/Latin dancers we have however been disappointing with the opportunities to dance on Celebrity ships compared with Princess. Having said that, on our last cruise aboard Regal Princess this summer there was very little opportunity to dance in the atrium compared with previous cruises.

We are looking to book Beyond next year and plan to visit The Club most nights to Cha Cha, Rumba, Salsa and Jive.  

it was a general rule.  regal as example does not have Club Fusion.

MCL has great dance floor in Manhattan dining room, but they then put tables and chairs on them.

I see videos that Niew Statendam has Queens Room, but also puts chairs.

Harmony of Seas had a OK floor with recorded music, live band came in and was so oud the dancers left

• 2 months later...

Glad I found this topic! Sad to hear the Millenium cut the size of the dance floor since I am considering that ship for an Alaska cruise in July 23. Hopefully still big enough to odo the more compact dances like Rumba, Merengue, Salsa and maybe even Swing. Will be my first cruise in over a decade...hopefully I can find some other people who like partner dancing.