Adding a special occasion to a cruise next week

matymil

We will be leaving on the Mardi Gras next week on 9/10. This booking was made in late 2017 and was cancelled so many times that we lost count (1st being for my wife being pregnant and then the rest to covid). We were talking yesterday and it dawned on us that this was supposed to be our 10 year wedding anniversary trip. Is it to late to add a special occasion to the booking online or could I maybe tell guest services when we boarded? This is just very much needed and it would be nice to make it extra special. Thanks!

1 minute ago, matymil said:

We will be leaving on the Mardi Gras next week on 9/10. This booking was made in late 2017 and was cancelled so many times that we lost count (1st being for my wife being pregnant and then the rest to covid). We were talking yesterday and it dawned on us that this was supposed to be our 10 year wedding anniversary trip. Is it to late to add a special occasion to the booking online or could I maybe tell guest services when we boarded? This is just very much needed and it would be nice to make it extra special. Thanks!

Not to late at all! We did for our 50th wedding anniversary. I let our PVP know prior to sailing AND to Guest Services once we boarded. They treated us very nice, with drink coupons, anniversary cake in MDR,  and champagne & chocolate covered strawberries left in our room. 

20190727_171050.jpg

20190727_190709.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matymil said:

Your best bet is to order an in-room celebration package.  Unless you are hitting a 50th (Congrats Joe and Mrs. Joe) or bigger, they don't do much.  

• Thanks 1

I used to get a happy birthday "postcard" type card in my cabin, and a small cake at dinner, but anymore, it's zip, zilch, nada.  I wrote in that it was our anniversary on our last cruise and nothing was ever said or done.  It was our 37th, so not a milestone, but still nothing.

On our next cruise, our youngest DD will be turning 17.  I mentioned it upon booking, when my PVP asked if there was any special occasion being celebrated on this cruise.  He made note of it.  Her birth date in her guest record will prove that her actual birthday occurs on the cruise.  We shall see if anything is given to her or done for her.  But I don't expect anything,  especially after the recent cutback of the complimentary birthday cake in the MDR.  So my plan is to go to the cafe/coffee bar early on her birthday and see if I can order a large platter of their "tuxedo" chocolate-covered strawberries (one of her favourite treats).  Then, I'll pick it up, take it to the MDR at dinner time, and ask our waiter to put a birthday candle in it.  I'll report back after March the results of said plan. 

• Like 1