Azamara Evening Wear

Loose moose

Hello again,

Thank you for the helpful replies re the White Nights 🤗   now I'm wondering whether to slip in a cocktail dress or two?

I know Azamara has a 'smart casual'  dress code, and I don't mind being in the minority,  but I don't  want to waste time packing things that I absolutely will not wear!

Thank you in advance

8 minutes ago, Loose moose said:

Hello again,

Thank you for the helpful replies re the White Nights 🤗   now I'm wondering whether to slip in a cocktail dress or two?

I know Azamara has a 'smart casual'  dress code, and I don't mind being in the minority,  but I don't  want to waste time packing things that I absolutely will not wear!

Thank you in advance

Many ladies do pack dresses especially to wear in the specialities. I do and never feel over dressed. Now if it was a ball gown….😀

• Like 3

Other cruise lines call it country club casual or something like that.

I had to laugh because I am so old I remember the days of tuxes and true ball gowns. We used to sail with 2 overseas bags each.

Thank goodness those days, while very special, are gone.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2022 at 4:40 AM, alcpa1 said:

Other cruise lines call it country club casual or something like that.

I had to laugh because I am so old I remember the days of tuxes and true ball gowns. We used to sail with 2 overseas bags each.

Thank goodness those days, while very special, are gone.

I agree. It's nice to have the choice and be comfy. I will always take a nice sports jacket and smart shirts for an evening or two and enjoy the flexibility. I don't miss the tux at all. 

Phil 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, suec12 said:

For ladies, are jeans (fairly nice ones) OK? with sandals / flip flops? for in the MDR?

I think when the requirements say “no flip flops”, they mean no pool-type flip-flops. I have some pretty, somewhat dressy, thong-type sandals that I am happy to wear to the MDR.