How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

19 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Someone posted that they believe we are offered 4 categories above our current category, unless there are forward facing reserve class then it’s 5 categories.

Except that they seem to have skipped over a popular category in our case.  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

I booked my next cruise (Dec 20-30) just 11 days ago and got the very last Caribe balcony cabin. Since then I've received 3 emails from Princess about bidding on an upgrade! Seems like they really want my cabin...but their upgrade prices are too high for me.

....and you probably could have afforded the upgrade price if you hadn't lost that money backing Ohio State last week!!  M-Go-Blue!!  See you again next year!!! 🥰

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I booked my next cruise (Dec 20-30) just 11 days ago and got the very last Caribe balcony cabin. Since then I've received 3 emails from Princess about bidding on an upgrade! Seems like they really want my cabin...but their upgrade prices are too high for me.

I’m convinced that open cabins have nothing to do with the bid offers. Almost generic in nature. I’m doing a test. Booked an aft vista. Bid on an owners suite. There are only 2 and not available. I have no confidence is my bid getting accepted. But it was on the upgrade offer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I’m convinced that open cabins have nothing to do with the bid offers. Almost generic in nature. I’m doing a test. Booked an aft vista. Bid on an owners suite. There are only 2 and not available. I have no confidence is my bid getting accepted. But it was on the upgrade offer. 

I’m just assuming this .. but if there is not a suite in a higher category available, it would still make sense to put the offer out there in case the passengers in that cabin also bid on a higher category (if their is one) or if they have to cancel the cruise kind of last minute.  Some of these are last minute and it’s easier to have someone pay for the upgrade that fill it with only a few days to spare.  

• Like 3

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

I’m just assuming this .. but if there is not a suite in a higher category available, it would still make sense to put the offer out there in case the passengers in that cabin also bid on a higher category (if their is one) or if they have to cancel the cruise kind of last minute.  Some of these are last minute and it’s easier to have someone pay for the upgrade that fill it with only a few days to spare.  

Agree but I don’t think this logic is going to work in my case bc there are only 2 owner suite cabins onboard. They did offer penthouse suites for bidding but I’m in love with aft view and most are side cabins so I didn’t bid on them. I’m happy with my aft vista. I’m more than 30 days from sailing date of jan 7 but don’t expect anything to happen other than a reject email. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 7:21 AM, 1cruiselvr said:

I'm rather confused by the whole thing.  We are booked into a midship full suite for our cruise in a few weeks.  All suites have been showing sold out for a while.  I've gotten 2 emails in the last 2 weeks asking if we wanted to bid on an aft facing suite or the owner's suite. We usually do an aft facing but with my husbands mobility issues I changed us up to midship by the elevators.  What would we be bidding on if all suites are showing sold out?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

I'm rather confused by the whole thing.  We are booked into a midship full suite for our cruise in a few weeks.  All suites have been showing sold out for a while.  I've gotten 2 emails in the last 2 weeks asking if we wanted to bid on an aft facing suite or the owner's suite. We usually do an aft facing but with my husbands mobility issues I changed us up to midship by the elevators.  What would we be bidding on if all suites are showing sold out?

Don't know for sure, but our best guess is that they have cancellations, right up to the day of sailing, and they are just sitting on some bids in case someone cancels.  That's my theory and I'm sticking to it 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JeffM1 said:

Don't know for sure, but our best guess is that they have cancellations, right up to the day of sailing, and they are just sitting on some bids in case someone cancels.  That's my theory and I'm sticking to it 🙂

Agreed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JeffM1 said:

I think you're probably right.👍

• Like 1

Had booked a guarantee balcony cabin for a b2b cruise on the Sky Princess departing the 6th of January. Last month we were  assigned cabin M118, put in a bid for a premium deluxe balcony cabin for $180,- pp which was accepted yesterday. Very happy with our new cabin! 

Edited by patjeblauw
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Won my bid for Jan 6 Discovery.

Was booked in Cat BC balcony.

Offered 4 bids

Deluxe Balcony 30pp

Premium Deluxe 55pp

Mini Suite 70pp

Reserve forward facing mini 165pp

Won mini suite at 70.

All were minimum bids.

Congratulations!  Enjoy your cruise - and the great upgrade!!!!

• Like 3

We bid on a Club Class Mini, a Mini Suite and Premium Balcony on the January 7th Crown Princess cruise.  Just received emails that we were overbid on the Mini and Club Class Mini but the Balcony is still pending. 

The odd thing is that both emails said I could go back in and change my bid but when I click the link or log in, I cannot make changes and both Mini's are showing expired.  I tried immediately after receiving the emails.  Is it a done deal once they show expired?  I was hoping to try to change the bids.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2MellowCruisers said:

We bid on a Club Class Mini, a Mini Suite and Premium Balcony on the January 7th Crown Princess cruise.  Just received emails that we were overbid on the Mini and Club Class Mini but the Balcony is still pending. 

The odd thing is that both emails said I could go back in and change my bid but when I click the link or log in, I cannot make changes and both Mini's are showing expired.  I tried immediately after receiving the emails.  Is it a done deal once they show expired?  I was hoping to try to change the bids.

If 2 show expired and 1 is still pending, it's usually the case that the pending one has been accepted.  Be on the lookout for the acceptance email in the next few hours.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

If 2 show expired and 1 is still pending, it's usually the case that the pending one has been accepted.  Be on the lookout for the acceptance email in the next few hours.

Thank you for the reply!  We've only tried bidding a few times and the first time, we never received an email.  The second time, we received the "Outbid" email while on the cruise and I didn't bother reading it.

Also, for anyone on this cruise wondering how we bid, we bid at the high fair or low good points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bid to upgrade to a CC mini-suite for our upcoming trip on Caribbean Princess this Sunday. Still shows pending but with embarkation less than 48 hours away it's probably safe to say it's not gonna happen. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Well, you hit the nail on the head!  We just got the charge to our CC and the email saying we got the premium balcony.  We are very happy with the new location and close to the laundry.  Very excited!

I forgot to say it before, congratulations on your win!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2MellowCruisers said:

Well, you hit the nail on the head!  We just got the charge to our CC and the email saying we got the premium balcony.  We are very happy with the new location and close to the laundry.  Very excited!

Congrats on yours as well!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 2MellowCruisers said:

Thanks for sharing your experience!  And, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Like 2