ArriveCAN Receipt

realnice46

10 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

Yes I have on my phone but always like a hard copy in case problem with phone.

We were never asked to show ours. I was told it is attached to your passport so when they scan your passport it shows you are cleared. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, 3girlsmom said:

We were never asked to show ours. I was told it is attached to your passport so when they scan your passport it shows you are cleared. 

Yep, I was asked at Heathrow to see it but in Canada  it's always been tied to my passport so when I scan the passport it shows up, as did the customs doc I filled out (basically the app is being turned into a customs app to submit in advance rather than a paper one to fill out or fill out on a computer once at the airport)

• Like 1

Absolutely no need to print.  ArriveCAN is matched to your passport.  If flying or driving to Canada it works immigration to answer those questions thus faster at the border  .  On a ship they match the passport number from the Ship's Manifest to the app.  

No reason to print.

To the OP - It does require a specific graphics program for printing.  Lots easier to simply download if you want to guarantee you have a copy.  In some 30 crossings since April have never been asked - had always updated ArriveCAN for every crossing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We never showed anyone anything. I was told that my son and niece couldn’t be on mine since they are adults. I put them on anyway and no issues. Nobody ever asked for anything 🤷🏻‍♀️

The advice to you that they need to be separate because their adults was wrong.  You can chose to only have one receipt for an entire family that’s entering Canada together.  Do you remember who gave you that advice ?

11 hours ago, realnice46 said:

Yes I have on my phone but always like a hard copy in case problem with phone.

I was the same way until our last trip where I actually listened to my millennial children and didn’t take a copy .  However in our second to last trip, I took a screen shot of the QR code on the receipt on my phone and printed that out.  Of course no one asked for it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

The advice to you that they need to be separate because their adults was wrong.  You can chose to only have one receipt for an entire family that’s entering Canada together.  Do you remember who gave you that advice ?

It was someone on cruise critic……actually quite a few people. From what I read, it seemed as if it would be ok, so I went ahead and did it. Not even sure it mattered. Our passports were never scanned so no idea how they even knew it was done. 🤷🏻‍♀️ No worries. Cruise is over and we are back home.

On 9/7/2022 at 3:56 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

That depends WHEN they cruised. When it first started, up to 8 folks traveling together was the wording - but that did change, I think in May, to specifically say that it was only your spouse, kids (at any address, so e.g. Divorced Dad can list his kids who officially live with Divorced Mom), or adults who live in your residence who could be lumped together. That's how it reads now on the official FAQ page - about halfway down, annoying hidden inside a 'click to read' section called 'Including multiple people in your submission'

Edited by martincath

19 minutes ago, martincath said:

That depends WHEN they cruised. When it first started, up to 8 folks traveling together was the wording - but that did change, I think in May, to specifically say that it was only your spouse, kids (at any address, so e.g. Divorced Dad can list his kids who officially live with Divorced Mom), or adults who live in your residence who could be lumped together. That's how it reads now on the official FAQ page - about halfway down, annoying hidden inside a 'click to read' section called 'Including multiple people in your submission'

We sailed at the end of July. No problem having my husband, myself, adult son and adult niece on the same one 

• Like 2