Does NCL email you if your upgrade bid is denied?

Analog187

I put in 3 upgrade bids and it said pending up until this morning.  I kept refreshing the page and it still says it.  On the boat now, 4:30pm ship time and we are in our original cabin so it we clearly didn't win but shouldn't they tell you?  I've only done this one other time and we won that bid.  I also clicked the link from the email and they all say pending still.  Thought that was odd but perhaps that's just how it goes?

3 hours ago, Analog187 said:

I put in 3 upgrade bids and it said pending up until this morning.  I kept refreshing the page and it still says it.  On the boat now, 4:30pm ship time and we are in our original cabin so it we clearly didn't win but shouldn't they tell you?  I've only done this one other time and we won that bid.  I also clicked the link from the email and they all say pending still.  Thought that was odd but perhaps that's just how it goes?

Bidding closes 24 hours before departure. 

Rejection emails go out the night before departure (so a few hours before you embark). 

I had a cruise in August where I had a couple of bids for Haven suites pending, and shortly before the cruise I received e-mails stating that I had been "outbid" on my bidding offers (I don't remember the exact wording, but I deifinitely reveived notification about needing to offer a higher bid if I wanted to still take part in the bidding process)....

Day of I got an email with "Unable To Confirm Your Upgrade Advantage Request."

Two days before boarding received the email below.

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hours prior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

Edited by texascane
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, texascane said:

Day of I got an email with "Unable To Confirm Your Upgrade Advantage Request."

Two days before boarding received the email below.

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hours prior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

Interesting, looks like if someone is a no show and you happen to bid on the category of cabin you might get it while onboard?

We are bidding on 4 staterooms, and there are still 55 days out. In the past, we have received rejection letters, one in particular was sent a day before the cruise. We have never won a bid but then again we are always in the " poor" to "fair" section.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

On my Alaska cruise on the Spirit this past August 15th, got emails the afternoon of embarkation day, only after I complained to guest services that they didn't send me anything even though they knew that all the suites I was bidding on were already booked.

7 hours ago, davidwar said:

On my Alaska cruise on the Spirit this past August 15th, got emails the afternoon of embarkation day, only after I complained to guest services that they didn't send me anything even though they knew that all the suites I was bidding on were already booked.

Remember, everyone moves up during the upgrade process. We have cancelled multiple times on the week of cruise (after upgrades had been processed starting Monday). And once, the day before departure. You could get lucky and get one of our suites. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, davidwar said:

I read on another thread that some people have received the upgrade at the check in desk...so anything can happen.