Disappointed We Could Not "Upgrade" to Club Class

Rick&Jeannie

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Good to know.... I like going to Vines before dinner

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We like going there before AND after dinner !

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Last I heard on a lot of the ships Vines stopped having the free tapas..... did they have them on Regal?

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We had nibbles one night, but nothing that I would call proper tapas. But then, tapas would ruin dinner ! 

'

It is not unheard of for they XBGuys to spend the evening at Vines instead of going to one of the dinner venues.  We were happy to nosh on the Tapas (me) and Sushi (Mrs. XBGuy).  It is unfortunate if this program has been discontinued-- unfortunate, but not tragic,  We'll just walk across the piazza and grab something from the International Cafe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dog said:

I have wanted to do the same, as I never see club class in the cruises I want to book.

Had my March ‘23 booking marked “no upgrade”

just got free upgrade from aft balcony to midship balcony right across from the elevators.

sealed the deal. Holland America wins my business.

Did you try to get your aft balcony cabin back or did you cancel the cruise because of the move?

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We think alike!  Just booked HAL Rotterdam Baltics itinerary for 2023.  We have a cruise booked on Regal Princess with lots of FCC, but we may just cancel and let it go.  I’ve been reading so many negative comments about Princess lately, I’m starting to get nervous.  Been reading the HAL boards and very few complaints.  Hope you enjoy your HAL cruise.

My situation exactly.  I used to love Princess and I was happy to accept the FCC at the shutdown.  I didn't know, of course. that they would change so drastically (not for the better) when they came back.  Our first post-covid cruise was on the Majestic, and dining was a disaster with the malfunctioning app.  There were other little annoyances, too, taking away perks, etc., but they added up.  At that point, I had done a couple of HAL cruises and decided it was a good fit, but I had to use up the FCC.  So we have two cruises booked (because the FCC would not apply  to just one of them) and we will just have to make the best of it.  Princess broke my heart when they turned on their Elite customers, and they sadly do not care.  Princess has left me, so I'm leaving it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

My situation exactly.  I used to love Princess and I was happy to accept the FCC at the shutdown.  I didn't know, of course. that they would change so drastically (not for the better) when they came back.  Our first post-covid cruise was on the Majestic, and dining was a disaster with the malfunctioning app.  There were other little annoyances, too, taking away perks, etc., but they added up.  At that point, I had done a couple of HAL cruises and decided it was a good fit, but I had to use up the FCC.  So we have two cruises booked (because the FCC would not apply  to just one of them) and we will just have to make the best of it.  Princess broke my heart when they turned on their Elite customers, and they sadly do not care.  Princess has left me, so I'm leaving it.

Yes, we lost quite a bit, didn’t we.  I loved the free internet minutes!  We’ve sailed quite a few times with HAL and many with Celebrity and never felt so torn.  My DH said to use the FCC for a short Caribbean cruise for myself and our granddaughter   so we don’t lose it entirely.  Actually looking forward to getting back on a HAL ship and planning a Celebrity sailing for the spring.  We all just move on, right!