LGA transfer experience?

TinaLee

I’ve read a couple of horror stories about Princess transfers in NY from LGA to the ship. We’ve used them before in Seattle and Vancouver with no issues. We drive to FL ports and use a service in non-US ports, so I’m a little worried now. Can anyone give me their actual experience on a Princess transfer from LGA? 

observation.  We are on board currently.  We were suppose to leave NYC at 7:00p.  We were on our balcony and a view of the parking lot.  at 6:50p two buses pulled up and people got off and they removed luggage.  About 20 -30 guests.

We did not leave port until around 8:00p

Whether these were people flying in and the buses came from the airport I don't know, but I think so.

3 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

observation.  We are on board currently.  We were suppose to leave NYC at 7:00p.  We were on our balcony and a view of the parking lot.  at 6:50p two buses pulled up and people got off and they removed luggage.  About 20 -30 guests.

We did not leave port until around 8:00p

Whether these were people flying in and the buses came from the airport I don't know, but I think so.

Thanks! Sounds like they were waiting for late arrivers. We caved and cancelled our transfer and booked a car service. Our plane is due in at 10:30 and ship doesn’t leave until 5, so we should be okay 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:34 PM, TinaLee said:

Thanks! Sounds like they were waiting for late arrivers. We caved and cancelled our transfer and booked a car service. Our plane is due in at 10:30 and ship doesn’t leave until 5, so we should be okay 🙂

We are on the Enchanted October 15th, would love to know who you are using for the car service.  I'm not in favor of Princess transfers and our flight gets into LGA at 9:30AM.  Thank you! 

In NYC There is a flat rate,for taxis from the airports into anywhere in Manhattan

I am not sure aboutminto Brooklyn

There is no need to use a Princess transfer and wait for their bus

I'd much rather be on my own schedule

There are many reliable car services

Google will the tell you about them,

One is Carmel

We just take which ever taxi is at the airport waiting

i reported on another OP - but will repeat.  We took a cab from LGA to our hotel in Brooklyn.  Cost was $32.00 and we tipped $8.00

next morning we asked for a cab to take us to the port - shorter distance than LGA to hotel, we got a private car, not taxi - he was given the wrong address by his dispatch and we had a 30 minute drive around Brooklyn, before I got upset with him and he finally got us to the port - cost $35,00 - I should have disputed, but let it go

I was one of the hundreds of passengers who waited several hours for the shuttle buses at LaGuardia on August 15. I knew my flight was early, landing at 7:20, and was prepared to wait a few hours. The supervisor told me that the buses should start taking passengers around 10 or 10:30. I did not get on a bus until 1, and that's because I went downstairs to wait by the curb. They did not have any organization. Apparently there was an earlier bus that took some passengers. They did not ensure that those of us who arrived first got on the first bus.

Things were much better organized when I took the shuttle from SeaTac to the port last summer. They passed out colored slips of paper and called people by color to fill the buses. 

They did start telling people to take cabs or other means. They wrote down names and cabin numbers to be reimbursed for the cost of the shuttle. If I had not been traveling solo, I might have done that. New friends of mine took a cab, but they had enough luggage to fill it up.

3 hours ago, riffatsea said:

In NYC There is a flat rate,for taxis from the airports into anywhere in Manhattan

I am not sure aboutminto Brooklyn

There is no need to use a Princess transfer and wait for their bus

I'd much rather be on my own schedule

There are many reliable car services

Google will the tell you about them,

One is Carmel

We just take which ever taxi is at the airport waiting

Agree, no matter what cruise line, we used taxi in NY from JFK to Cunard.  Last time we used a ship transfer was when we were in Rome on one of our first European cruises on the Crystal Line back in l994.   Never used another cruise lines transfer again.  Booked many private transfers and used taxis in other cases.  Always worth the extra expense if one can afford it.  

9 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

We are on the Enchanted October 15th, would love to know who you are using for the car service.  I'm not in favor of Princess transfers and our flight gets into LGA at 9:30AM.  Thank you! 

We are using Carmel Limo from LGA to the port in Brooklyn. Came highly recommended from many. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pris993 said:

Agree, no matter what cruise line, we used taxi in NY from JFK to Cunard.  Last time we used a ship transfer was when we were in Rome on one of our first European cruises on the Crystal Line back in l994.   Never used another cruise lines transfer again.  Booked many private transfers and used taxis in other cases.  Always worth the extra expense if one can afford it.  

We use Romecabs with Stefano in Rome… for the airport to hotel, hotel to port, and we’ve done about 5 excursions with them as well whilst in Rome. Always impeccable service. They are one of the reasons why we decided to book a service rather than just grab a cab in NY. 🙂 

There was also a problem with the shuttle buses for passengers who were late getting off the ship. They were running an hour behind the estimated disembarkation times when I left the ship. Fortunately, there were buses ready. But people who had later disembarkation than I did reported that there were no buses by the time they left the ship. Some people on our roll call waited 90 minutes for a bus, getting off the ship at 10:30 and boarding a bus at noon. They said they were lucky to have plenty of time to make their 2:45 flight. Others on the bus missed their flights. Another couple said they ended up paying extra to their car service because of the delay in getting off the ship. 

5 hours ago, TinaLee said:

We are using Carmel Limo from LGA to the port in Brooklyn. Came highly recommended from many. 

Yep....we are using Carmel on Sept 17th from LGA to Brooklyn also. Have used them several times in NYC and they are very reliable.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:41 AM, TinaLee said:

Just out of curiosity, did you book your return transfer from Brooklyn to LGA yet? I'm not able to pick my debarkation time yet so wasn't sure how to schedule the return trip... 

3 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

Just out of curiosity, did you book your return transfer from Brooklyn to LGA yet? I'm not able to pick my debarkation time yet so wasn't sure how to schedule the return trip... 

we actually sail from NY to FL, so our car will be waiting at our usual off site parking place when we get to FLL 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cnd crsr said:

Good choice. We have been happy with them several times.

Have a great cruise.

How did you choose your pick-up time after your cruise?  I'm not able to choose a debarkation time yet so it's hard to schedule a car pick-up yet...  I'm not sure how last minute they will accept reservations.. 

2 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

How did you choose your pick-up time after your cruise?  I'm not able to choose a debarkation time yet so it's hard to schedule a car pick-up yet...  I'm not sure how last minute they will accept reservations.. 

They are doing our transfer to the port, but we end in Fort Lauderdale, where we will disembark and then drive home, so don’t need pickup or transfer after we disembark.