FCC for completing post cruise survey?

norn iron

Is this something new from Azamara?

We sailed on Onward departing Ravenna June 18th this year, nothing unusual in that.

We were given an FCC against a future cruise due to the inconvenience of moving from Venice to Ravenna and we have already applied that to a cruise in November.

Yesterday I got a email with an another FCC, only this time it was a thank you for completing the post cruise survey, I have copied it below.

Dear Guest,

As promised, due to your feedback on your recent Azamara cruise, below is your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise vacation with us. We appreciate your understanding during this very fluid situation, and we hope you'll use this credit to sail with us again soon! 

Firstly, the amount was very welcome, £430 and will be put to good use.
Secondly, I was very complimentary in all my feedback, with the exception of stating that I would not purchase the Ultimate Drinks package whilst Az continue to serve Royal Club tonic water.

Did I get lucky, or has this happened before?

Just curious whether £430 was the same amount as the FCC you received earlier due to the inconvenience of moving from Venice to Ravenna which you have already applied to a cruise in November.

It seems like an extremely generous FCC for completing a post cruise survey!

• Haha 1

We have received two emails with the exact same wording which were our notification of FCC following two cruises with the Venice/Ravenna change. The amount of £430 was the promised FCC of $500 for the inconvenience of this change. We didn’t know why it said it was for feedback. But if you’ve already had your FCC it seems strange that you’ve had another email?

• Like 1

Interesting indeed ! 

The wording is the exactly the same as the fcc given for change of port from Venice to Ravenna. Does the new email have the same format with booking ID etc and is the Certificate Number different or the same as your previous certificate? Does it look like picture below? 

Possibly a duplicate or indeed you got lucky! But it is unlikely that it is for a post cruise survey.

0AF9CEA5-5E9F-47E3-801A-8F50418853DB.jpeg

Edited by combine

1 hour ago, combine said:

Interesting indeed ! 

The wording is the exactly the same as the fcc given for change of port from Venice to Ravenna. Does the new email have the same format with booking ID etc and is the Certificate Number different or the same as your previous certificate? Does it look like picture below? 

Possibly a duplicate or indeed you got lucky! But it is unlikely that it is for a post cruise survey.

0AF9CEA5-5E9F-47E3-801A-8F50418853DB.jpeg

Thanks combine, you have helped me piece together what has happened.

Yes my email was the same as yours, what confused me was the fact that I had already received my FCC for the move to Ravenna. It totalled £253 for booking a Balcony. There was never any documentation as my TA spoke with Az before the final payment for Novembers cruise and the credit was applied.

The email I received (the same as yours) is £430 FCC, which approximately coverts to $500 and we did upgrade to a CC Suite.

So maybe we got lucky and got two FCC's

What was confusing was the wording of "as promised, due to your feedback" the only feedback I had given Az was on the post cruise survey.

5 hours ago, malcliz said:

We have received two emails with the exact same wording which were our notification of FCC following two cruises with the Venice/Ravenna change. The amount of £430 was the promised FCC of $500 for the inconvenience of this change. We didn’t know why it said it was for feedback. But if you’ve already had your FCC it seems strange that you’ve had another email?

I think I got lucky, maybe because my TA went chasing the FCC before payment was due on a November cruise, and this additional amount arrives.

52 minutes ago, norn iron said:

Thanks combine, you have helped me piece together what has happened.

Yes my email was the same as yours, what confused me was the fact that I had already received my FCC for the move to Ravenna. It totalled £253 for booking a Balcony. There was never any documentation as my TA spoke with Az before the final payment for Novembers cruise and the credit was applied.

The email I received (the same as yours) is £430 FCC, which approximately coverts to $500 and we did upgrade to a CC Suite.

So maybe we got lucky and got two FCC's

What was confusing was the wording of "as promised, due to your feedback" the only feedback I had given Az was on the post cruise survey.

I’m sure your TA will enjoy sorting this one out ! .  If the fcc numbers are the same then you  are still quids in. 

11 hours ago, combine said:

I’m sure your TA will enjoy sorting this one out ! .  If the fcc numbers are the same then you  are still quids in. 

I won't hold my breath on that one, my TA is on borrowed time.

What I will do is make a booking onboard in November and check how valid the FCC actually is.