LIVE FROM Royal Princess Alaska September 17-24

ceilidh1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I did not win anything with Princess Prizes on my return to the room last night

is there a 'listing' of what 'prizes' will definitely be awarded on your specific cruise?  we are 'considering upgrading to 'Premier' on our little 5 day cruise for $270 total - 250 + 8% increase in insurance, but we also have $200 obc to use for increased drink prices (nicer wines) Balcony dinner, if available, or a couple of specialty dining nights ... pics are not important, to us at least

Observation about the room. I have never noticed the motion sensor lights before. Are they new? They drove me nuts last night as every time DS turned over, his sheet would trigger the light.

These have been mentioned on other threads.

Supposedly they were installed as a safety measure so people would not trip walking around the cabin in the dark.

So far I have not seen a single post saying someone likes this feature.

Most posts say the cabin attendant can tape over the sensor on the ceiling near the bathroom and a towel can block the sensor by the bed.

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

is there a 'listing' of what 'prizes' will definitely be awarded on your specific cruise?  we are 'considering upgrading to 'Premier' on our little 5 day cruise for $270 total - 250 + 8% increase in insurance, but we also have $200 obc to use for increased drink prices (nicer wines) Balcony dinner, if available, or a couple of specialty dining nights ... pics are not important, to us at least

Not that I have seen anywhere but I will keep a look out

• Thanks 1

ArriveCAN notice- very confusing as the vast majority on this sailing are Canadian residents and the info regarding residents (if you go to the provided QR link) says this needed to be completed 72 hours prior to embarkation- which we did!?!

14B0AF6F-7B9F-4C59-B58B-5F0800045FFA.jpeg

• Like 1

If you are using the sofa for the third person, would you mind taking a picture of the sofa after it's turned down?  I'm trying to figure out if the sofa folds out or if they just put sheets over the cushions.  Thanks.

PS Enjoying your posts.  Have fun!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

If you are using the sofa for the third person, would you mind taking a picture of the sofa after it's turned down?  I'm trying to figure out if the sofa folds out or if they just put sheets over the cushions.  Thanks.

PS Enjoying your posts.  Have fun!

I will take one tonight - I didn’t take much notice last night but we are using both the sofa and the bunk above

• Like 1

ArriveCAN notice- very confusing as the vast majority on this sailing are Canadian residents and the info regarding residents (if you go to the provided QR link) says this needed to be completed 72 hours prior to embarkation- which we did!?!

14B0AF6F-7B9F-4C59-B58B-5F0800045FFA.jpeg

Canadian citizens have to complete ArriveCAN within 72 hours of returning to Canada. 

Forgot to mention that I stopped by guest services on the way back to the room last night to get drink charges removed. The poor guy looked defeated. He said that he has been dealing with this all day. He explained that when the new packages were released, they were not added to the ship drink ordering software so it had to be done manually. Premiere package doesn’t yet exist in their system but does show on guest account. Plus package had a name change for the drink portion so this also has caused issues with their system. He gave me his card and told me he would take care of it and not to worry until a day or two before disembarking. At that point, if charges remained they would be removed. This morning, most charges have been reversed but now it’s back to charging us for drinks again - which had been fixed at some point yesterday. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We didn't get them on our Discovery cruise.  We were told that due to the supply chain, they were not available but she would give us a toothbrush if we needed one.

That was very Elite of her to do that! 😃

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Forgot to mention that I stopped by guest services on the way back to the room last night to get drink charges removed. The poor guy looked defeated. He said that he has been dealing with this all day. He explained that when the new packages were released, they were not added to the ship drink ordering software so it had to be done manually. Premiere package doesn’t yet exist in their system but does show on guest account. Plus package had a name change for the drink portion so this also has caused issues with their system. He gave me his card and told me he would take care of it and not to worry until a day or two before disembarking. At that point, if charges remained they would be removed. This morning, most charges have been reversed but now it’s back to charging us for drinks again - which had been fixed at some point yesterday. 

Yikes, almost like you have to have two drinks in your hand and visit guest services ,hourly so that you can enjoy your drinks while getting charges taken off .

Does not sound fun or What one would like to do on their vacation ,but love your writing style and your attitude 

Upgraded beverage package is a bust thus far. If, like me, you don’t really care about wine the package is worthless. The handful of cocktails listed higher than the $12 are not available. I have tried to order 3 of the higher charged ones so far, just to test it out, but each time been told that the higher end alcohol is not available 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not according to this

A7A4BEBA-39A2-4C88-A9BF-4222BE67F121.jpeg

Yes, this is weird that it says Canadian citizens getting on a ship in Canada, heading to the U.S., have to complete ArriveCAN before embarkation since ArriveCAN is only required for those who are entering Canada. This is either a mistake on the part of Princess or some weird rule that applies to cruise ships. Regardless, the second part of that blurb states that you have to complete ArriveCAN within 72 hours of returning to Canada (if you get off the ship in Alaska. Except in rare cases, I can't imagine many people would go on a cruise to Alaska and not get off the ship). It is this part that I was referring to in answer to your original post on this subject.