LIVE FROM Royal Princess Alaska September 17-24

ceilidh1

Another observation: the staff are outstanding but are literally being run ragged. Not only are they doing bar service and table service, they are now also having to deal with app service. It certainly doesn’t appear that there have been any additional staff to deal with this and my observation has been that these people just do not stop! Today we had both a bar waiter and a food waiter trying to locate someone that had ordered on the app. They kept asking if I was the person. Nope. This seems so unfair on them. I’m sure that many of the technology enhancements have also affected their tips. In the past, when I have had the same waitstaff throughout my cruise, I have always tipped them at the end. Now I have different people every meal, I don’t do that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One more observation: I’m a rule follower. Always have been. Always will be. I might not like the rules or even agree with the rules, but in my mind if you are part of a society that has rules you need to follow them to keep that society running. That’s just how I was raised and how I raise my kids. It is frustrating me to no end to see sign after sign after sign saying masks required or sip and cover and seeing 95% of people blatantly ignoring it. I have. I idea if masks are making a difference right now. I have no idea what the reasoning behind the requirement on the ship is but, at the end of the day, it’s the rule. Like it or not, it should be followed. That’s all.

• Like 23

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

It depends upon how you set your phone time. If you are using ship wifi you will need to change it. If you are hooked up to your cellular, unless you have your phone locked on a certain time zone, it should adjust to the new time zone. 

The ship does not change time based on when it actually enters a new time zone.

To be sure your phone is on ship time, you need to set it up for you to change it as needed.

• Like 2

Big issues with app this evening if trying to order drinks. I tried multiple times but could only get as far as “order placed” I thought it was just me but at one point during trivia there was a mini riot n princess live when someone yelled “hands up everyone still waiting on a drink in the app”. Lol.

I thought I had beat princess and the premiere package- I got a virgin pina colada at the bar (for some reason you can’t order it in the app) and then ordered a shot of Zacapa (included in premiere) to put in. I waited and waited and eventually went to the bar. Sorry. No Zacapa. Best rum is kraken. Ugh. I give up

• Like 1

If you know anything about me you will know how much I love Matt O as cruise director. Over the years he has become a good friend and we sailed princess just for him. He is no longer with princess so every time we sail it is bittersweet. No one compares.

tThis evening we went to Liars Club and Guido from Italy was a very close Matt O. He is hilarious. Holly from Canada and Jase from Uk are also good. It’s weird not having a cruise director

Edited by ceilidh1
Typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The ship does not change time based on when it actually enters a new time zone.

To be sure your phone is on ship time, you need to set it up for you to change it as needed.

Yes, I know that. Perhaps I was not clear. When your phone is in airplane mode it will not change time zones. It must be done manually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Hands up if you remember the days when Princess buffet was 24/7…

We went up at 10:45pm. All closed up. Only food options at this time are international cafe or room service 

Better than carnival!

after 10:30pm; carnival only has garbage can pizza or $$ crappy room service.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you know anything about me you will know how much I love Matt O as cruise director. Over the years he has become a good friend and we sailed princess just for him. He is no longer with princess so every time we sail it is bittersweet. No one compares.

tThis evening we went to Liars Club and Guido from Italy was a very close Matt O. He is hilarious. Holly from Canada and Jase from Uk are also good. It’s weird not having a cruise director

We sailed on the Royal in 2019 with Matt O; and he was a riot!

Wifi seems to be good enough to post text but not to upload pics so that will have to wait…

At the glacier all morning then arrive in Juneau around 2:30pm. Weather right now is decent - a little overcast but no rain or fog and not too cold - I was able to sit out the balcony without needing a jacket early this morning 

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Loved sailing with Matt O and I really miss him.  On most cruises I can't even tell you who the CD is but Matt was truly memorable and the first who really enhanced the cruise experience.  Did he go to another cruise line or take another employment opportunity?  I had read about what happened on the Regal but then nothing after that.  Hope he is well!  And I am enjoying following along with your cruise.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

image.thumb.png.fa93a4b0b4cffb46c289dd1c2512dddd.png

$18 for tonic water and lemon wedge?  I know you have the beverage package and your check is zeroed out, but still . . . WTH?

it's the tall glass charge ...must be Swarovski crystal 😄

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

We didn’t get that close to the glacier and it was pretty early, so I’m sure a lot of people missed it! No matter how many times I see this scenery it never fails to take my breath away. Photos don’t do it justice at all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, c-boy said:

4 hours ago, c-boy said:

Oh, it’s a souvenir glass?  Lol!! 🤣

Edited by MustangGT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Looking down from my balcony, anyone know what this balcony area is? 

25E01EA3-B758-41E5-BCEB-77AF118A917F.jpeg

DBFF6FBC-0B74-4459-B2A4-FAE65E9FE623.jpeg

1124368576_ScreenShot2022-09-20at2_30_06PM.thumb.png.723397f3425458f49133c8eb9c1533d7.png

Promenade Deck 7 - Starboard side, forward. (Right side, pointy end of ship. 😁 ) 

• Like 2

The bartender and bar waiter at Princess Live are outstanding! I asked for the “best” margarita he could make and I got this with double Don Julio. We are sitting just across from the bar and each time I take a few sips he comes over and pours in another shot of tequila 

46BE4B13-848D-496A-9287-1B2DF1851967.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 6