LIVE FROM Royal Princess Alaska September 17-24

ceilidh1

@Ceilidh1 I’m not usually into martini’s, but I ordered an Espresso Martini (typically Vodka, Kahlúa, espresso coffee and simple syrup) at the Wheelhouse Pub before dinner yesterday. I had them sub tequila for the vodka and holy moly, was it ever good!!

At $15.00, it’s included with the premium package.

I’m going to have to watch myself with that beverage because it’s so yummy, I could easily get carried away and drink it all day every day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Neither the Royal nor the Regal have the USB ports in the lamps.  That started with the Majestic Princess.

I will be on Royal next May. What is available for plugging in a phone or other devices at night, just a regular desk outlet?  I will be sure to bring our power strip I guess (w/o surge protector!). I have been on the newer ships more recently with USB ports in the lamps. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

58 minutes ago, FoxKitchen said:

@Ceilidh1 I’m not usually into martini’s, but I ordered an Espresso Martini (typically Vodka, Kahlúa, espresso coffee and simple syrup) at the Wheelhouse Pub before dinner yesterday. I had them sub tequila for the vodka and holy moly, was it ever good!!

I’m going to have to watch myself with that beverage because it’s so yummy, I could easily get carried away and drink it all day every day.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that one

36 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I will be on Royal next May. What is available for plugging in a phone or other devices at night, just a regular desk outlet?  I will be sure to bring our power strip I guess (w/o surge protector!). I have been on the newer ships more recently with USB ports in the lamps. 

We were on Royal in a balcony and I’m sure the lamps had USBs? No?

2 hours ago, FoxKitchen said:

Oh my! I just tried this. You’re right. It’s dangerous. Thanks for the suggestion 

64E323BD-1108-40CC-8407-4B451D6EB0E4.jpeg

ADD96D4D-96CB-431E-A5B4-2FF37B17E676.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Unless you are able to access the outlet behind the TV, the desk is your only option.  Definitely bring your non-surge protected power strip.  The one below lives in our carry on bag.

image.thumb.png.bc6c8f91a4209603b52d6e5dddf9f66a.png

On 9/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, ceilidh1 said:

No ETA on boarding time but the rumours that are going through is that the ship was late arriving. No idea if that is true. I have a seat so not bothered…

i was on that ship and we were docked by 6 am

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that one

If you like martinis, you can get a Raspberry Martini.  It's not on the menu anymore (hasn't been in many years), but they will still make them if you ask. They are fantastic. I got the recipe from a bartender friend a decade ago. I don't know the price, but my mom's currently on that ship drinking a couple a day, and they have Princess Plus, so under that price point

1 oz Absolut Raspberry

1/2 oz Chambord

1/4 lemon wedge

1/2 oz sugar syrup

1/2 oz raspberry puree

Put all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and serve by straining out the lemon - do not squeeze the lemon.

• Like 2

Observation: Every bar I have been to over the past few days, I have heard people ask for something that they don’t have. I haven’t heard “complaints “ but for sure some comments. At the Wheelhouse just now, a guy asked what kind of Rye they had. Bartender showed him the one brand and the guy was like “that’s it? No thanks” and walked away. I feel like princess may be starting to falter with drinks - whether it’s a supply thing or  yet another cut back, I’m not sure…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FormerPrincessCrew said:

If you like martinis, you can get a Raspberry Martini.  It's not on the menu anymore (hasn't been in many years), but they will still make them if you ask. They are fantastic. I got the recipe from a bartender friend a decade ago. I don't know the price, but my mom's currently on that ship drinking a couple a day, and they have Princess Plus, so under that price point

1 oz Absolut Raspberry

1/2 oz Chambord

1/4 lemon wedge

1/2 oz sugar syrup

1/2 oz raspberry puree

Put all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and serve by straining out the lemon - do not squeeze the lemon.

I’m  finding a lot of bars don’t have “all” the ingredients for some drinks. Today I waited almost half hour for the Strawberries on Fire as they had to track down strawberries. The other day, I couldn’t get the watermelon margarita as not only did they not have the upgraded tequila but they also had no watermelon. 

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m  finding a lot of bars don’t have “all” the ingredients for some drinks. Today I waited almost half hour for the Strawberries on Fire as they had to track down strawberries. The other day, I couldn’t get the watermelon margarita as not only did they not have the upgraded tequila but they also had no watermelon. 

That is too bad.  We're on Enchanted in less than 2 weeks and hope it's better.

PS - apparently the raspberry martini ingredients are stocked.....my mom had 2 yesterday and today. 🙂 They better be on Enchanted too.....I haven't had one since 2006.

• Like 1