OnPoint eMed for pre-cruise covid testing?

mobilemac

3 hours ago, oakridger said:

I went to OnPoint today and it said it’s “sold out”!  So I followed advice from our Canadian friends  and booked an appointment for Friday with lifecenters.ca. Done and done!  CAD $20=$14.95 USD. 

Please come back and post about your experience. I’m interested since they have a CAD$25 (USD$18.50) plan for two people testing at the same time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Please come back and post about your experience. I’m interested since they have a CAD$25 (USD$18.50) plan for two people testing at the same time. 

I’m getting it for just me but I’ll come back on Friday afternoon Vancouver time  and let you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, oakridger said:

I went to OnPoint today and it said it’s “sold out”!  So I followed advice from our Canadian friends  and booked an appointment for Friday with lifecenters.ca. Done and done!  CAD $20=$14.95 USD. 

That is a great deal at lifecenters.ca.  No problem being US?  I like the 2 person discount during same timeframe.

17 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

Thank you! Hopefully they extend the expiration through October.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

That is a great deal at lifecenters.ca.  No problem being US?  I like the 2 person discount during same timeframe.

I just checked my at-home tests.  None of the Flowflex lots were on their list, but the BinaxNow was.  You have to make sure your test is on the Canadian approved list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I just checked my at-home tests.  None of the Flowflex lots were on their list, but the BinaxNow was.  You have to make sure your test is on the Canadian approved list.

Thanks!  I’ll need to check mine before I schedule.  I’m waiting hoping that Canada does away with the requirement before we leave next week.  We will still take a test for our own peace of mind but if I can save $20…..

9 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks!  I’ll need to check mine before I schedule.  I’m waiting hoping that Canada does away with the requirement before we leave next week.  We will still take a test for our own peace of mind but if I can save $20…..

Yes, we're US on MSC in Med in late October.  Just today they've lifted testing for vaxed paxs for the Med from UK, and from Europe to US, so hoping it's just a short time before they do the same for US pax in Med.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:10 AM, Native Floridian 26 said:

@Clay Clayton

I'm a US citizen and used the free US government provided test kit from iHealth. I just did my online test  from my hotel in Vancouver Canada with the lifecenters.ca site and it was quick and easy....and I was Negative!!!  Yay!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

@Clay Clayton

I'm a US citizen and used the free US government provided test kit from iHealth. I just did my online test  from my hotel in Vancouver Canada with the lifecenters.ca site and it was quick and easy....and I was Negative!!!  Yay!

~Nancy

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

I created an account and bought 2 virtual tests yesterday. My card was charged but calendar was unavailable for me to schedule a test. I’ve tried to get through to them through chat, email and phone call-twice on each-with no response. Has anyone else had a problem or have a more direct number to reach them?  We are sailing next week!

• Like 1

I just spent the last hour on hold with this company-opens at 8. I tried the various selections and finally discovered that the only one that takes a message is the group selection (more money and people gets some attention I guess) so I left them a message with my pertinent information and asked them to cancel my account and I will test at CVS. 

58 minutes ago, smlri said:

I just spent the last hour on hold with this company-opens at 8. I tried the various selections and finally discovered that the only one that takes a message is the group selection (more money and people gets some attention I guess) so I left them a message with my pertinent information and asked them to cancel my account and I will test at CVS. 

What company was this that you had issues with?

11 hours ago, oakridger said:

@Clay Clayton

~Nancy

Good news all around!  Thanks for the info. Have a great cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smlri said:

I had the same problem Wednesday, took money for two people but no calendar to schedule test. I will go somewhere else . I think that money is gone.

Yes OnPoint. Like you say I’m sure it will be a challenge to get my money back but I will give it a try. There is definitely something wrong with OP-probably overwhelmed with requests and don’t have staff to handle it. Went to the CVS site and easily scheduled tests for end of next week. 

6 hours ago, smlri said:

I created an account and bought 2 virtual tests yesterday. My card was charged but calendar was unavailable for me to schedule a test. I’ve tried to get through to them through chat, email and phone call-twice on each-with no response. Has anyone else had a problem or have a more direct number to reach them?  We are sailing next week!

We bought and booked a virtual appt two days ago.  Linked at the appointed time (actually several minutes early) and waited for over 45 minutes and no host/proctor joined the meeting.  I tried calling twice and requested a pn online portal link three times just so I could “talk” to someone.  Nothing, nada.  Gave up after 45 minutes and hightailed it to a local Urgent Care site for testing.

1 hour ago, smlri said:

Yes OnPoint. Like you say I’m sure it will be a challenge to get my money back but I will give it a try. There is definitely something wrong with OP-probably overwhelmed with requests and don’t have staff to handle it. Went to the CVS site and easily scheduled tests for end of next week. 

Based on non-delivery of services, we have initiated a reversal of charges with our credit card company.

• Like 2

I registered for OnPoint last week. The charge went through but no calendar came up to schedule.  I called, tried to chat, emailed multiple times. No response. I’ve filed a dispute with my bank because the charge went through. I read where some people had an appointment but no one showed up. Someone else said “it’s the fastest negative result you’ll ever get.”  Ready in 5 minutes.  Hope you have better luck than I did   

28 minutes ago, smlri said:

I registered for OnPoint last week. The charge went through but no calendar came up to schedule.  I called, tried to chat, emailed multiple times. No response. I’ve filed a dispute with my bank because the charge went through. I read where some people had an appointment but no one showed up. Someone else said “it’s the fastest negative result you’ll ever get.”  Ready in 5 minutes.  Hope you have better luck than I did   

I had much better luck since I didn’t use OnPoint.   I used WMLifeCenters.ca and are all done

48 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Just finished our proctored test-highly recommend Life Centers.  Easy, great communication, and negative!

We canceled our tests for next week because the requirement was dropped; see you on the Koningsdam on your Hawaii leg.