Do They Serve Alcohol in the Explorations Cafe/Crow's Nest?

Denverbri69

Yes the Crows Nest is now a combination espresso bar and regular bar. I sort of agree with FOPMan, but I'm not sure there is an actual bar but rather dedicated servers to bring you drinks, both alcoholic and caffeinated, from the Crows Nest.

I looked at all the photos of the Eurodam Retreat on cruisedeckplans.com and saw nothing looking like a bar. I also could not find any description of the Retreat or of Cabana Rental on the Holland America website....

3 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yes the Crows Nest is now a combination espresso bar and regular bar. I sort of agree with FOPMan, but I'm not sure there is an actual bar but rather dedicated servers to bring you drinks, both alcoholic and caffeinated, from the Crows Nest.

I looked at all the photos of the Eurodam Retreat on cruisedeckplans.com and saw nothing looking like a bar. I also could not find any description of the Retreat or of Cabana Rental on the Holland America website....

Here's a photo of the Eurodam's Explorations café.  It has about a half dozen barstools and you can get cocktails as well as a limited selection of beers and wines (and coffees of course).  As crystalspin noted, the Retreat doesn't have a bar itself but a staff member will happily get you your drink of choice.  If you want to venture over to the Explorations café bar, it's only about a minute's walk from the Retreat area.image_800x_.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fp-z=1&h=500&w=768&ar=3:2&dpr=1&q=55&ixlib=react-9.0.2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denverbri69 said:

I rented a retreat cabana for my cruise. I was wondering how far I have to wander for a drink?

You are in for a treat! Not only is there a retreat staff dedicated to bringing you any beverage you desire, they can provide breakfast, lunch and surprises throughout your stay. So relaxing...we've enjoyed cabana stays on several cruises!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, twodjs said:

retreat staff dedicated to bringing you any beverage you desire, they can provide breakfast, lunch and surprises throughout your stay. 

One of the photos on cruisedeckplans showed a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries and a glass of (apparently) sparkling wine, or at least chilled white wine.

I guess the word is out and demand is high enough they don't need to promote the Retreat on the website?

Edited by crystalspin

39 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

One of the photos on cruisedeckplans showed a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries and a glass of (apparently) sparkling wine, or at least chilled white wine.

I didn't want to share too much...depends on the season, but that is part of the extra service for cabana guests. I believe you book the cabanas for the entire voyage through guest services. If any are still available during the cruise, you can book by the day. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I guess the word is out and demand is high enough they don't need to promote the Retreat on the website?

The strawberries and sparkling wine is an everyday treat. 

They have never promoted the cabanas much.

27 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

Have stayed in Retreat Cabanas 8 times on 7 different ships...very familiar with the Retreat cabanas.

The link says " exclusive bar SERVICE" ( my emphasis). That means the cabana attendants are bar waiters, and can serve drinks. They get the drinks from either Crow's Nest ( when open) or Lido Pool bar. If you are drinking things they can stock in their little galley area, like champagne, they will arrange to have some available. But if you want mixed drinks, they run to a bar.

Thanks you one and all for your responses. We would not consider cruising without a Retreat Cabana. It is decadent and tranquil. The cabana is always included in our calculus for the overall cost of the cruise; like flights and pre & post hotels. FYI, The Retreats on the newer ships have their own hot tub. 

• Like 1