What is this in the spa?

SempreMare

34 minutes ago, SempreMare said:

What is the white thing and blue thing in the spa?

390A31DD-F249-4C69-B96B-09AFE65B03BD.jpeg

I seem to recall there was some sort of small spin dryer for your bathing suit. This looks similar but incomplete. Maybe they removed it?

See the 4:00 minute mark of this video.

if not that then maybe a way to cool down a water bottle? 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

35 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Isn't there a prohibition on cameras in the spa area?

Might be but we always see people coming in and taking pictures at the spa.  Didn't know it was not allowed or I might have said something to them.

In any case, people's attitude these days is don't ask permission, ask forgiveness.  Lots of bold people on Viking cruises!

41 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

In any case, people's attitude these days is don't ask permission, ask forgiveness.  Lots of bold people on Viking cruises!

Suffice to say that if someone was using a camera when I was in the spa, it might just accidentally get knocked into the hot water.

Ooops, so clumsy of me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Time for a new phone Flyer...they are waterproof now.

It would be great if a moderator would set up a Viking Ocean FAQ sticky.  Then all these random questions could be answered.

Edited by HUNKY

On 9/15/2022 at 12:37 AM, Haqdeluxe said:

Is there no crew/staff on this sailing? All these questions being asked here appear better asked to someone from Viking actually right there on the ship. 

That’s a logical knee-jerk reaction to have.

However, none of other 2 more significant questions / challenges I have could be solved by staff.

example:

I really want the 2 loud beeps that sound upon turning on the bathroom light to stop going off.

Neither the

•Room steward

•Electrical maintenance person the room steward called

know what is causing that or were able to fix that.

15 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Getting back to the original topic. What is this thing? Wrong answers only.

The white device on the left is obviously an electronic beer glass froster and thus the thing in the middle is the beer glass dispenser. The taps can be found in the snow grotto.  Cheers 🍻

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:30 PM, SempreMare said:

What is the white thing and blue thing in the spa?

390A31DD-F249-4C69-B96B-09AFE65B03BD.jpeg

If this is inside the public spa area which it looks like from the reflection in the glass, this area housed a water dispenser that dispensed cold water and sparkling water.  There would be trays of glasses beside.  Viking removed them at the beginning of the pandemic for I would guess hygiene and covid safety reasons.

The bathing suit spinners are inside the changing rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

If this is inside the public spa area which it looks like from the reflection in the glass, this area housed a water dispenser that dispensed cold water and sparkling water.  There would be trays of glasses beside.  Viking removed them at the beginning of the pandemic for I would guess hygiene and covid safety reasons.

Sounds right. The blue thing is probably a water filter or CO2 for the carbonation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

The water dispenser is on the other side of the spa area we’re you enter from the women’s locker room.  The white box and embedded filter thing is on the side of the room coming from the men’s locker.

CEA2D3BF-B8A4-4BD9-A269-B14714CD4E9D.thumb.jpeg.300c21970032a055b2c78d0c4d58c45e.jpeg