How often do they change the Entertainment on the Pearl?

TheycallmeFlip

I was on the Pearl out of Boston to Bermuda this past June and I am thinking of booking the cruise again in the May/June timeframe and while we enjoyed the shows that we saw aboard the ship, it would be nice to see something a little different.  Even if it was different impersonators in the Legends in Concert show.  Does anyone know how often the change the shows aboard the ships?  Or would I have the same entertainment available as last time?

Thanks,

Flip

In my experience, the major shows stay the same for years.  They are very expensive (like millions) to create, costume and stage, so they tend to stay on the same ship for quite awhile.  The "casual" entertainment, as I call it, like musicians, comedians, and the like are easily transportable from ship to ship and change very frequently. So your major show(s) are likely to be the same as last year, (although the cast may be different) but all the other stuff is likely to be different.  I hope this answers your question

On 9/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, TheycallmeFlip said:

I was on the Pearl out of Boston to Bermuda this past June and I am thinking of booking the cruise again in the May/June timeframe and while we enjoyed the shows that we saw aboard the ship, it would be nice to see something a little different.  Even if it was different impersonators in the Legends in Concert show.  Does anyone know how often the change the shows aboard the ships?  Or would I have the same entertainment available as last time?

Thanks,

Flip

Several musicians and a show we saw on the Pearl in April were not on the ship several weeks ago.And Legends was back, and wasn't offered in  April. I highly doubt you'd have the same entertainment a year later. Contracts expire; people retire.And acts get moved between ships.

51 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

In my experience, the major shows stay the same for years.  They are very expensive (like millions) to create, costume and stage, so they tend to stay on the same ship for quite awhile.  The "casual" entertainment, as I call it, like musicians, comedians, and the like are easily transportable from ship to ship and change very frequently. So your major show(s) are likely to be the same as last year, (although the cast may be different) but all the other stuff is likely to be different.  I hope this answers your question

There are no major, million dollar shows on the Pearl. The ship is used for charters and for NCLs SixthMan division for musical cruises, such as The Beach Boys, Kiss,etc., three or four months each year. So they don't have a dedicated, year round show on the ship.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, TheycallmeFlip said:

Thanks,

Flip

Shows don't change often, if any. Entertainment staff are usually on 6-month contracts.

Guest entertainers rotate more frequently... getting more frequent now. During the early restart, once you were on a ship and through the weeks of quarantine on land and at sea, you stayed on for a long time. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

Several musicians and a show we saw on the Pearl in April were not on the ship several weeks ago.And Legends was back, and wasn't offered in  April. I highly doubt you'd have the same entertainment a year later. Contracts expire; people retire.And acts get moved between ships.

It was only the first couple sailings that Legends was not performed on the Pearl.  It was brought back on the April 15 sailing on the Pearl.  They actually had some people from corporate on board to see it.  

3 minutes ago, jimsig said:

It was only the first couple sailings that Legends was not performed on the Pearl.  It was brought back on the April 15 sailing on the Pearl.  They actually had some people from corporate on board to see it.  

We were on the second sailing out of Beantown, April 8-15.

• Like 1

A now co-worker was a magician for NCL about 20 years ago.  Some weeks he would be on the same ship all week and others he would change ships mid cruise if there was another NCL ship in port.  He said there were times when he might leave say Miami on ship A, transfer to ship B, and then return to Miami on ship C.  He said it was always a challenge when changing ships if one or both were at tender as he had to move all his props in a huge trunk or two along with his clothes and costume.  Luckily that didn't happen to often.

Edited by jimsig
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiserbear55 said:

We were on the second sailing out of Beantown, April 8-15.

That would be the second one 🙂   As I had read here, maybe from your post? that it hadn't been performed it was a nice surprise when we heard it would be performed.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 5:13 PM, jimsig said:

I was on that 04/15 cruise as well and we were told it was the first cruise that Legends was being performed since Covid. 

C6DC1E5C-D074-40DB-9DB3-F13F454C720C.thumb.jpeg.10c14e622d723e783329ce9bbb4f91c3.jpeg57188916-FB5E-4E15-A209-C529DA6C17DE.thumb.jpeg.b5506bfb6ee51a62f97342117e376e2f.jpeg

We’re doing the same cruise 04/07/2023 and I guess we’ll be seeing it again based on these comments. Hoping the new cast may do some different singers. 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

I was on that 04/15 cruise as well and we were told it was the first cruise that Legends was being performed since Covid. 

C6DC1E5C-D074-40DB-9DB3-F13F454C720C.thumb.jpeg.10c14e622d723e783329ce9bbb4f91c3.jpeg57188916-FB5E-4E15-A209-C529DA6C17DE.thumb.jpeg.b5506bfb6ee51a62f97342117e376e2f.jpeg

We’re doing the same cruise 04/07/2023 and I guess we’ll be seeing it again based on these comments. Hoping the new cast may do some different singers. 🤞

Probably walked by each other and didn't even know.

There were some NCL bigwigs on board because it was the first show back.  Sounded like from the entertainment side.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jimsig said:

Probably walked by each other and didn't even know.

There were some NCL bigwigs on board because it was the first show back.  Sounded like from the entertainment side.  

lol I bet we did!  

34 minutes ago, TheycallmeFlip said:

We're on the June 2nd cruise and hoping there are different performers for the Legends show for this cruise.  

@styles27Can you post after your cruise if it was a different cast?

Thanks,

Flip

I plan to do a live review so I will definitely let you know!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

lol I bet we did!  

I plan to do a live review so I will definitely let you know!

I actually can't believe that I didn't know anybody on that cruise being April vacation and I live just south of Boston.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimsig said:

I actually can't believe that I didn't know anybody on that cruise being April vacation and I live just south of Boston.  

Same here we live in RI.  

We once ran into a couple we knew on a cruise from San Diego though lol 

• 1 month later...

We were on the Pearl once the week after a charter. There was zero entertainment since it hadn’t been needed for the months before our cruise.  That sucked.  We still enjoyed the cruise though.  

On 4/6/2023 at 8:07 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Hello all, anybody on a resent cruise know if they still have the Acrobat act on the Pearl? Haven't sail NCL since 2018 looking forward to our cruise this month.

Thanks

Hello! We just got off the Pearl. The Acrobat Act was not on our sailing 3/31-4/7. The only shows I recall were Legends in Concert, Alex Ortiz comedy and a comedic vocalist. I saved the Freestyle Dailies and will double check what other acts performed and post back here. 

1 hour ago, jannie711 said:

Hello! We just got off the Pearl. The Acrobat Act was not on our sailing 3/31-4/7. The only shows I recall were Legends in Concert, Alex Ortiz comedy and a comedic vocalist. I saved the Freestyle Dailies and will double check what other acts performed and post back here. 

That's a shame really enjoy this type act in the past.

Thanks for the reply, welcome back hope the seas weren't to rough.