Items cut from sea day brunch

Drew B 58

28 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

What is missed is corporations are trying to manage costs in this time of high inflation and supply chain issues. Trying to stay in business is what businesses do. For that, the Carnival product needs to remain affordable 

Exactly.  Very tough environment right now for every industry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Not patting myself on the back at all, so I have no idea where you inferred that from.

Fully aware of whom Carnival caters to and also fully aware that there have been many small changes over the past 10 years or so that has downgraded the Carnival experience in many ways.  Luckily there have been positive changes such as the implementation of the Havana area on the Vista Class and the raising of the bar attempting to keep up with their competitors with the Excel Class.

What's ironic about this is there are people who actually prefer Carnival of now to 20 years ago. Instead of worrying about fomo because of midnight buffets, mints, or tablecloths, there are actually new things they prefer. I vastly prefer the experience of the current Carnival amenities to my first Carnival cruise in 2017. Maybe it helps that I'm a big burger and taco fan.

Cruising has absolutely evolved. Adjusted for inflation, it is way cheaper than it used to be. If you want that "old experience" those prices are available. No one wants to pay, they just want to complain and consume. Some of us associate our cruises with good times at an affordable price. There is so much food aboard that a menu item or two falling off is almost laughable to let it ruin your trip.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I think the cake issue is there isn't enough diners at the buffet for dinnertime to warrant the cake buffet, which I agree is ashame. On the Pride this summer the cake buffet was Excellent, with all the cake selections equally tasty. Actually all the desserts on the Pride were good, except as noted the issues with the Lava cake. The Tiramisu was consistently excellent and better than in many land-based restaurants!  

The cake buffet is the BEST. We got slices at lunch and took them up to the room to eat after dinner. Better than the MDR desserts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, proudpatriot07 said:

The cake buffet is the BEST. We got slices at lunch and took them up to the room to eat after dinner. Better than the MDR desserts. 

Food is so subjective.  How you can choose the lunch cakes over grand Marnier souffle, bitter n blanc or creme brulee is beyond me.  But like I said...

19 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Never....I have always been able to get my made to order omelette done immediately by the cook that has patiently been waiting for me.  And during lunch there was never a line back in the day at Mongolian Wok.

And the hat trick was concluded about 12:30 am when I was in the mood for pizza 🍕.  I just walked up and got served.

Or was I just dreaming about this no line scenario at three busy times of the day?

It comes with the turf, that is why I asked the question, to make the point that lines happen on Lido, by definition, so seeing them does not back up their point that “cutback” is the reason.

• Like 2