Recommend tour from Naples to Sorrento and Positano?

tmmkferg

Hello, hoping for recommendations for a small group tour company that will pick us up at the port and bring us to Sorrento and Positano late October. Tried Italy Tours but they are booked. 
thank you for any suggestions. 
Mark

6 hours ago, Fxp193 said:

We are looking for the same for oct 20th 

We have booked this tour with Italytours.eu for October 11. You will need at least 6 persons but max 8 persons. https://www.italytours.eu/shore-excursions/naples-shore-excursions/classic-amalfi-coast-tour/

They also have private tours which will be more expensive. 

20 hours ago, tmmkferg said:

Hello, hoping for recommendations for a small group tour company that will pick us up at the port and bring us to Sorrento and Positano late October. Tried Italy Tours but they are booked. 
thank you for any suggestions. 
Mark

Our cruise was in Sept 2019 so I've thrown away most of my research notes.

We were a party of 4 so we chose to go with a private driver for the day, and we chose to deviate a bit from the set itinerary:

- we wanted to see more of the Amalfi Coast and villages so we skipped Sorrento, but spent time at Positano, Amalfi and Ravello

- we wanted to see the villages from the water, so we took a ferry from Positano to Amalfi where we met up with our driver again.

We used AldoLimo. The other company names I have in my notes are italytours.eu, italytoursharing, joeBanana, and recently read great reviews of PleasantTravel.com. 

You might find others on your Roll CAll to share your trip and cost.  Companies typically use Mercedes minivans which hold several pax, but I think more than 6 would be a bit tight.

Good luck  

We are just back from our cruise, and like mapleleaves, we also used Aldo Limos.  This was my second experience with this tour company (the first was over 10 years ago) and once again, they did not disappoint.  I treated my son, daughter-in-law and dear friend of over 50 years and we experienced a magical day from Naples, to Positano/Amalfi Coast, Sorrento and Pompeii-everything we requested.  I highly recommend Aldo Limos. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 2:38 PM, cruisinginapril2012 said:

Taxi Mister Cab Driver Taxi mister cab driver Naples & Amalfi coast on Strikingly (mystrikingly.com) and his team are great.  We used them in 2018 and booked again for next year.  

mrcabdrivernapoli@gmail.com

what do they charge (nothing on their website regarding the prices

On 9/21/2022 at 7:12 AM, mapleleaves said:

Our cruise was in Sept 2019 so I've thrown away most of my research notes.

We were a party of 4 so we chose to go with a private driver for the day, and we chose to deviate a bit from the set itinerary:

- we wanted to see more of the Amalfi Coast and villages so we skipped Sorrento, but spent time at Positano, Amalfi and Ravello

- we wanted to see the villages from the water, so we took a ferry from Positano to Amalfi where we met up with our driver again.

We used AldoLimo. The other company names I have in my notes are italytours.eu, italytoursharing, joeBanana, and recently read great reviews of PleasantTravel.com. 

You might find others on your Roll CAll to share your trip and cost.  Companies typically use Mercedes minivans which hold several pax, but I think more than 6 would be a bit tight.

Good luck  

We're booked to do the italytours.eu one that goes to Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano, but I have requested to have more time in Positano rather than Sorrento. What did you do in Positano that you enjoyed? Do you feel like skipping Sorrento was the right call?

For us it was all about the views and scenery.  The drive to Positano was spectacular, as was the walk into town from the drop-off point, and then walking along the water and looking up at the village just capped it off.  My favorite view was from the ferry. There wasn't specific site to see in Positano, like the church in Amalfi .... it was the stunning scenery. 

I'm still ok with skipping Sorrento. I had read enough trip reports from people saying they wished they had skipped Sorrento for more time along the Coast.  I DO wish we had time Pompeii, but the Amalfi Coast was our priority.  There's only so much you can do with port day! 

• Like 1

I think three stops is simply too much for a port day and I agree with dropping Sorrento of the three.

What time is your all-aboard at the end of the day?  You might consider having your car service drop you at the ferry in Sorrento rather than driving back to Naples.  In order to be sure they get you back they will add a LOT of pad time for that last leg, the ferry makes the crossing in just 45 minutes and it ends adjacent to the cruise port.

The last ferry from Sorrento departs at 4:25 and arrives to Naples at 5:10.  If your departure is at 6 PM or later that is a viable option.

10 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

I think three stops is simply too much for a port day and I agree with dropping Sorrento of the three.

What time is your all-aboard at the end of the day?  You might consider having your car service drop you at the ferry in Sorrento rather than driving back to Naples.  In order to be sure they get you back they will add a LOT of pad time for that last leg, the ferry makes the crossing in just 45 minutes and it ends adjacent to the cruise port.

The last ferry from Sorrento departs at 4:25 and arrives to Naples at 5:10.  If your departure is at 6 PM or later that is a viable option.

Our time in port is listed from 7am-6pm and we're coming from the port of Salerno.

Oh, okay.  Salerno is a whole different kettle of fish.  When will your cruise take place?  

Edited to add:

I just looked at your other posts and it seems that this cruise will be next June.  Traveling along the Amalfi coast in June by car is an exercise in frustration, even with someone else driving.  

In your place I would consider using the car service to drive you to Pompei, wait while you visit the ruins, then drive you to Positano and drop you off.  It will be faster and more comfortable to take the ferry from Positano back to Salerno at the end of the day, plus you'll have better views of the coast from the water than from the road.

Edited by euro cruiser

On 9/21/2022 at 7:44 AM, Ine said:

We have booked this tour with Italytours.eu for October 11. You will need at least 6 persons but max 8 persons. https://www.italytours.eu/shore-excursions/naples-shore-excursions/classic-amalfi-coast-tour/

They also have private tours which will be more expensive. 

Back from our cruise. As mentioned above we booked the tour to Positano etc. Through cruise critics we found other passengers and the 7 of us had a great day. Nice driver, great tour. Due to major traffic problems on the small 2 lane road to Amalfi, our driver turned around and took us to Sorrento instead of Amalfi. He certainly did not want to risk we would miss our ship. 

14 hours ago, Ine said:

Back from our cruise. As mentioned above we booked the tour to Positano etc. Through cruise critics we found other passengers and the 7 of us had a great day. Nice driver, great tour. Due to major traffic problems on the small 2 lane road to Amalfi, our driver turned around and took us to Sorrento instead of Amalfi. He certainly did not want to risk we would miss our ship. 

The tour states that you will visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello.  So did you visit Ravello, Positano and Sorrento ?

8 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

The tour states that you will visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello.  So did you visit Ravello, Positano and Sorrento ?

Yes we visited Positano. As I mentioned unfortunately we had to skip Amalfi and Ravello. Traffic was on a standstil on the small 2 lane road and it would take too much time to get to Amalfi. So after waiting in line without moving for some time and checking this with us our driver suggested to turn around and get to Sorrento instead. That way we would be back on time at the ship. Noticing we  move at all for a certain time with lots of traffic ahead of us we all agreed to do that of course.

Edited by Ine