Fresh off the Mardi Gras...

matymil

On 9/27/2022 at 3:13 PM, NeptunesGoddess said:

Thank you for the review. We are on the Mardi Gras Oct. 15th.

A lot of things to check out and now I am prepared for food stations and where to get "free" meals rather than just the dining room. We are anytime dining and I wanted to know which restaurants offer included meals and do you just walk up?

Also, your review helped me plan a little for the elevator situation. Thank you.

We are also on this sailing, can't wait, won't be long now.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 7:31 PM, matymil said:

Also two spots that are free but dont get talked about much. Fresh Creations on the serenity deck is like a salad works place. They are open for lunch. Also the Java Blue cafe has free sandwiches, wraps and salads. I had no idea about that one until the 2nd to last day

Also of note and free on the Mardi Gras are the three Street Eats kiosks, open during lunch.  I hesitantly tried bulgogi beef there for the first time (I'm fearful of spicy foods) and it was great.  Small portions, but if you like it you can always return for more.  

Within the Lido Buffet are a complimentary SeaDogs location, which I thought was really good, and a shawarma location, which I also hesitantly tried...and loved.   (I'm not sure if these are lunch-only or also open at dinner.)

Carnival's Mardi Gras:  educating ignorant diners like me about new foods to try since 2021.  😄  

P.S.:  Fresh Creations IS great, but on windy sea-days -- and is there another kind? -- watch out for flying lettuce!  😄   

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 9:04 AM, Hoosierpop said:

On the Mardi Gras now. I rarely take the elevators but I can see why it would be an issue. 

One thing though. If people are fit and can walk 3-4 decks, why not take the stairs? If you’re going from 6 to 16, fine. But watching some guy in his 10k racing shirt go from 6 to 8 while there’s a backlog is hilarious. 

I'm convinced the reason I don't gain a bunch of wait on cruises is because of all of the walking I do on the ship, in port, and stairs. Sometimes it's a struggle, but it's a good thing.

My biggest gripe about Carnival is not scaling common areas to the size of the ship. Not only does Mardi Gras have more people, but more floors. So people immediately blame what is new "how the new elevators operate" instead of the real problem. It's not any better when lazy people use it to travel 1-2 floors, who probably should be on the stairs. 

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm convinced the reason I don't gain a bunch of wait on cruises is because of all of the walking I do on the ship, in port, and stairs. Sometimes it's a struggle, but it's a good thing.

My biggest gripe about Carnival is not scaling common areas to the size of the ship. Not only does Mardi Gras have more people, but more floors. So people immediately blame what is new "how the new elevators operate" instead of the real problem. It's not any better when lazy people use it to travel 1-2 floors, who probably should be on the stairs. 

When it's 1-2 floors (or even more😜) my DH and I will hike up and down them, but when I'm with DM (dear mom😉) I have to take the elevator with her all the time.  Just what we have to do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

And than we have those that blame it on "lazy people". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

When it's 1-2 floors (or even more😜) my DH and I will hike up and down them, but when I'm with DM (dear mom😉) I have to take the elevator with her all the time.  Just what we have to do.

If they installed ramps then I wouldn't have to take the elevators all of the time in my scooter. 😁

• Like 1