Smaller Balcony Cabins On Iona Query

janny444

44 minutes ago, Bin man said:

No as an example starboard aft cabins 10701 to 10711 are bigger than the 10715 to 10737 and that is the same on portside 

Is that a genuine fact or are you going by the deck plans, if the latter these are notorious for their "apparent" size differences.

If by on the wave you mean aft facing there are 4 cabins on deck 10. I have 10745 next January and 10743 next door looks to have a slightly bigger balcony

I wonder if they have fixed the problem of water splashing from the infinity pool down onto the aft cabins. Obviously a blatantly obvious design fault which should have been fixed by now. Imagine the conversation, you complain and they say sorry and we will move you to a balcony cabin on deck 8... I would go ballistic

Edited by davecttr

Again only saying about aft section port and starboard cabins are about the same but the slightly larger balconies on 10 also run through mid aft and half the mid ship section but mid forward and forward are smaller balconies The aft section cabins port and starboard are slightly overlooked from above .A good example of the larger size is possibly compare to C deck on ventura and Azura and the smaller ones to B deck 

3 hours ago, janny444 said:

There is a lot of discussion about differing sizes of cabins but has anyone actually stayed in one which when booking is classed as " smaller balcony cabins" and is it the cabin or balcony or both which is smaller ?

Smaller balcony cabins are GZ and it is the cabin which is smaller than those adjacent not the balcony. 
you tube cabin on deck 8

Edited by Gettingwarmer

14 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Smaller balcony cabins are GZ and it is the cabin which is smaller than those adjacent not the balcony. 
you tube cabin on deck 8

Thank you....that is just the information that I was wanting....smaller cabin but not smaller balcony. I think on a short cruise they would be adequate but on longer cruises may be preferable to have a larger cabin

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

The cabin shown CZ grade deck 8 the balcony is larger than the deck 10 aft cabin The cabin will be the same .So if you take deck 8 cabin you will get the onlookers on the promenade deck 

Whooo....no thank you 😄