Are small wine bottles allowed?

CruisingAgain

I know the rule is "one 750ml (or less) wine bottle per person over 21".  I would like to bring 4 small bottles (187ml x 4 = 748ml) to keep in the frig. It will take me all week to drink the wine in my cabin so I don't want to make the room steward bring ice every day.   Has anyone been successful bringing the smaller bottles in Miami?

I started carrying on the 4 pack of small bottles last year.  I have taken them through Miami, Mobile, and Port Canaveral.  I plan to take them through Port Canaveral again on Saturday.  I do that because we fly to port and they are just easy to pack, and I don't have to make any pre-cruise stops.  I posted about it so I am going to link you to that post so you can see the pic I added of the wine.  It is not my favorite wine, for sure, but it is convenient, and nobody has questioned it.  I flatten the box in my suitcase but put it all together again in my carry on when we go through the port check-in.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:39 PM, kids-in-2-centuries said:

I started carrying on the 4 pack of small bottles last year.  I have taken them through Miami, Mobile, and Port Canaveral.  I plan to take them through Port Canaveral again on Saturday.  I do that because we fly to port and they are just easy to pack, and I don't have to make any pre-cruise stops.  I posted about it so I am going to link you to that post so you can see the pic I added of the wine.  It is not my favorite wine, for sure, but it is convenient, and nobody has questioned it.  I flatten the box in my suitcase but put it all together again in my carry on when we go through the port check-in.

Thanks everyone!!   Erin - you do exactly what I want to do - pack the small plastic wine bottles in my suitcase for the plane and then carry them on to the ship.  Based on the responses here I am going to try it in October. If they won't let me take the 4 bottles I should be able to take 1 of them (less than 750ml). Even one bottle will be less expensive than a glass of wine on the ship so I break even.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, CruisingAgain said:

Thanks everyone!!   Erin - you do exactly what I want to do - pack the small plastic wine bottles in my suitcase for the plane and then carry them on to the ship.  Based on the responses here I am going to try it in October. If they won't let me take the 4 bottles I should be able to take 1 of them (less than 750ml). Even one bottle will be less expensive than a glass of wine on the ship so I break even.

I carried 8 bottles (two 4-packs) through Port Canaveral and on to the Mardi Gras on 9/24/22 zipped up in my carry- on bag and not a single word was said, nobody even opened my bag.  This has been my experience every time I do it.  I will be carrying the little bottles on again on 10/15 through Miami and onto the Horizon.  I usually sail with my husband but occasionally go solo.  I've decided that the next time I go solo I'm still going to carry on wine for 2 because they never, ever open my bag or question why I have quantity for two in one bag.

Thanks for this post!  I'm sailing on the Sunrise this Saturday and plan on bring 2 four-paks of these small bottles of wine. Much easier to deal with, that's for sure!

Edited by CruzerDeb