Viva Vino wine package still available on board?

Serengeti228

• 6 months later...
44 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

That looks good, how do you order it?

You just complete the form showing what wine you want and hand it in at a bar. Most likely not all bars will be able to deal with it (we used to go to the atrium bar when we used it, but it was much more visibly advertised back then - pre free at sea).

They used to give slips that you could redeem later for the wine but some people preferred to take all it with them.

I hope it is still available, but I read in one of these threads that it was discontinued. Since I'm the only one in my cabin who drinks, Free at Sea is a terrible deal for me based upon the gratuity charge alone.  Fingers crossed that this still exists.

• Like 1

Some more detail of how this worked in the past.  The one time I did Viva Vino years ago.  They had a table set up in the atrium area outside one of the specialty restaurants where they sold drink packages.  Most of the display and discussion was about the full beverage packages with just the small slip of paper out for the Viva Vino.  We did not buy it there which probably would have been easy.  We went to lunch and decided we wanted wine with the lunch so asked our server to buy the Viva Vino.  The server was clueless.  We kept insisting until the dining room manager was called over and they took care of it for us.  We did have to pick which wines we were getting and they gave us a slip for each one.  They said if you change your mind they will let you have a different wine instead of the one on the slip.

Would love an update from a recent cruise 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Sounds like a decent deal. Leaving on Escape tomorrow. Anyone have a recent list or know if this is still being offered ?? Can't find anything on NCL site. 

Thanks in advance .

I don’t think it has ever really been advertised on the website.

The pictures above were from the Dawn last September and there had been quite a bit of speculation before then that it had been discontinued. I think that either it is being gradually phased out (and that process may have been completed now) or that it just isn’t being well advertised onboard so people aren’t aware that it is available.

Unfortunately there is little you can do but wait and see. Even if someone does report it being available then that doesn’t mean that it certainly will be on the ship you sail on.

1 hour ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Thanks for the info everyone. We do not have the beverage package so we will be buying a la carte. My wife literally does not drink alcohol at all so it doesn't really benefit us to get a full blown bev package. 

I will be on Escape in a few hours, we will update as to what we find.

Are you cruising with anyone who has the drink package? They could carry wine on for you with no corkage. 

Yes, the NCL wine carry on policy is very good whether you have to pay the corkage or if it gets waived because you have the beverage package.  But if you are flying in and don't want to stop to shop for wine,  the Viva Vino worked/works good.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:21 AM, happy cruzer said:

Yes, the NCL wine carry on policy is very good whether you have to pay the corkage or if it gets waived because you have the beverage package.  But if you are flying in and don't want to stop to shop for wine,  the Viva Vino worked/works good.

Why not fly in with the wine?