Excursion $50/Cabin NOT Applied

Oxo

At one point it was said: "I was trying to provide info about this subject to help others who may have incurred the same problem."

That is, IMHO, a noble endeavor. 

Also, IMHO, when someone needs to provide information to help others, they post that information...and basically that's it. The information is there for the benefit of everyone.

However, when the provider of information then responds over and over and over to their own thread, it starts to seem (again, IMHO) like they are more interested in arguing a point rather than providing information. YMMV.

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

At one point it was said: "I was trying to provide info about this subject to help others who may have incurred the same problem."

That is, IMHO, a noble endeavor. 

Also, IMHO, when someone needs to provide information to help others, they post that information...and basically that's it. The information is there for the benefit of everyone.

However, when the provider of information then responds over and over and over to their own thread, it starts to seem (again, IMHO) like they are more interested in arguing a point rather than providing information. YMMV.

Your opinion counts. Thank you!

Why should anyone not defend their posting? Read the various comebacks and then try to understand why a person may respond over and over and over to their own thread. 

Is it arguing a point rather than providing info? 

Maybe you have never been on a debate team or try to clarify misconceptions.

Oh, FYI, you only responded 5 times to this thread. What can I say. LOL

Now, I have expressed my opinion of your response.

Edited by Oxo

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Your opinion counts. Thank you!

Why should anyone not defend their posting? Read the various comebacks and then try to understand why a person may respond over and over and over to their own thread. 

Is it arguing a point rather than providing info? 

Maybe you have never been on a debate team or try to clarify misconceptions.

Oh, FYI, you only responded 5 times to this thread. What can I say. LOL

Now, I have expressed my opinion of your response.

You don't have to "defend" providing information, you simply provide the information and move on. When you "defend", you become an advocate who is advancing a narrative, not simply a provider of information. 

Once you provide the information, you've accomplished your stated purpose. Why would you care about what you refer to as comebacks? Does it bother you that someone else's opinion might differ from your own? Do you see this as a way to provide information or practice debate team skills?

BTW...I'm not responding to the thread, but to your attempts to argue. What I was referring to is the behavior of an OP in their own thread...a trait you won't see from me in any thread I start.

9 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

You don't have to "defend" providing information, you simply provide the information and move on. When you "defend", you become an advocate who is advancing a narrative, not simply a provider of information. 

Once you provide the information, you've accomplished your stated purpose. Why would you care about what you refer to as comebacks? Does it bother you that someone else's opinion might differ from your own? Do you see this as a way to provide information or practice debate team skills?

BTW...I'm not responding to the thread, but to your attempts to argue. What I was referring to is the behavior of an OP in their own thread...a trait you won't see from me in any thread I start.

Why don't you start your own thread?

Do you have a degree in psychology?

You are not the monitor!

Move on and create your own conflicts.

Your trait is TROLL. TROLL someone else. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I clicked on this thread because I'm considering taking the "Tour / to Airport" disembarkation excursion on our Carribean in November out of Tampa.

You gave your info and explained what efforts you've made, in my view correct steps, to rectify NCL's errors.

Kudos.

Beyond that, posts have become strident and histrionic.  I think what you consider "trolling" are comments on your tone, not your message.

36 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm referring to the final invoice which exactly matched what they charged my credit card.

My invoice is what I paid for the cruise that includes all costs, perks, etc.

You must be referring to your final ship bill that you receive on debarking the ship?

1 (866) 625-1167
This is the phone that I use to book my shore excursions. I don’t do them online since one time that they didn’t apply the credits and discounts. That way I’m sure that I am getting the $50 off and my latitudes discount.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Why don't you start your own thread?

Do you have a degree in psychology?

You are not the monitor!

Move on and create your own conflicts.

Your trait is TROLL. TROLL someone else. 

Well, because I'm able to stay off of the soapbox.

Actually, yes I do.

Never said I was Captain Obvious.

Now you want to tell me what to do? Very bossy for someone who "only" wants to inform.

• Haha 1

The original poster is just ignoring what someone posted. Pre and post cruise excursions are not eligible right in the fine print.. So if you do end up getting a reimbursement be happy. If you don't it's as it should be.

• Like 1