Excursion $50/Cabin NOT Applied

Oxo

Just got off of the Breakaway. Had a $50 Excursion perk that should have been applied.

We took the NY to Airport Excursion and never had the $50 applied to our account.

We asked Guest Relations and Shore Excursions Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and even Sun the day of 

departure when the $50 credit would be applied to our account. They both told us that it would

be applied on the last night of the cruise. On Sun as we departed Shore Excursions said all 

$50 Excursion perks were applied Sat night. He checked and said he doesn't know why I was not.

He suggested that we call NCL when we get home. 

Well it was never applied! Called our TA and he stated we need to call NCL direct. 

Has anyone else had this and if you did, how did you get it applied after the cruise?

TIA

1 minute ago, PATRLR said:

I haven't experienced this problem, but my experience with the NCL excursion folks has been very good.  I suggest just calling them, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Thank you! Do you by chance have a phone number for the NCL Excursion?

Just called NCL and was told that my $50 Excursion refund was being processed.

However, it takes up to 30 days to process.

My refund for the Ship to Airport transfer is being processed and will take 7-10 business days.

UNBELIVEABLE! In today's computer age it takes that long? It sure doesn't take that

long for NCL to want their money from us.

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm trying not to discount your aggravation, but try not to stress yourself over $50. You're going to get it and I hope you're not in a financial situation where $50 is going to make or break you. Good luck! 

Thanks for your reply. 

I need the $50 for my next 3 cruises this year. Prima, 12 day, Prima 7 day and Celebrity Apex 7 day. 

Maybe I should setup a Go Fund Me Page?

Interested in helping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My point was:

Why didn't Guest Relations and Shore Excursions tell me it would take 30 days to process?

Why does it take so long?

Would NCL let you off the ship if you owed them $50 and said you will pay 

them in 30 days?

SMH

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for your reply. 

I need the $50 for my next 3 cruises this year. Prima, 12 day, Prima 7 day and Celebrity Apex 7 day. 

Maybe I should setup a Go Fund Me Page?

Interested in helping.

26 days of cruising in the next 30 days?  That's the way to do it!! 😎  Just post that Go Fund Me info and I'm sure you'll have your $50 in no time.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Oxo said:

Just got off of the Breakaway. Had a $50 Excursion perk that should have been applied.

We took the NY to Airport Excursion and never had the $50 applied to our account.

We asked Guest Relations and Shore Excursions Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and even Sun the day of 

departure when the $50 credit would be applied to our account. They both told us that it would

be applied on the last night of the cruise. On Sun as we departed Shore Excursions said all 

$50 Excursion perks were applied Sat night. He checked and said he doesn't know why I was not.

He suggested that we call NCL when we get home. 

Well it was never applied! Called our TA and he stated we need to call NCL direct. 

Has anyone else had this and if you did, how did you get it applied after the cruise?

TIA

Our TA had told me in the past that if we ever had a problem with OBC not being there or not applied, instead of stressing about it, call him after the cruise and let him deal with it. I would assume your TA has more experience dealing with NCL than you and even possibly a contact he or she regularly deals with. I would have asked the TA to deal with this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Our TA had told me in the past that if we ever had a problem with OBC not being there or not applied, instead of stressing about it, call him after the cruise and let him deal with it. I would assume your TA has more experience dealing with NCL than you and even possibly a contact he or she regularly deals with. I would have asked the TA to deal with this.

Thanks for your advice.  However, Did you read my initial post? 

1. I never was talking about OBC.

2. I wrote that I did call my TA and he told me to call NCL direct. 

3. I'm not stressed about it. I was trying to provide info about this subject 

to help others who may have incurred the same problem.

Why didn't NCL Guest Relations and Shore Excursions personnel tell me that

the refund would not appear until within the next 30 days? Don't you think that

they should have known?

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

they should have known?

All this hoopla over 50 bucks...

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

they should have known?

Yes, I did read your post. But, I do believe our TA was talking about any monetary problem, not just OBC. And I realize what you wrote about your TA's response, but was implying that instead he should have said he would take care of it for you.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

All this hoopla over 50 bucks...

Whats your problem?

Don't you believe that this is valid info that others should know? 

You don't like my post, move on.

Why did you take time to provide your umsolicited rrsponse? What added value did you provide?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Oxo said:

the refund would not appear until within the next 30 days?

How on earth would anyone here know "why" someone did not do something? We're not mind readers.

• Like 1

not to pick nits, but it's important to note that NCL has no $50 excursion credit "per cabin." people get tripped up by this all the time, expecting to see the full value of $50 applied to two people on very inexpensive excursions like trolleys or gondola rides. i'm not saying that's what happened here... it sounds like you didn't have the $50 credit applied. i'm just saying that any discussion of the $50 excursion benefit should probably be more precise

the actual free at sea benefit is for $50 off an excursion for the first person in the cabin, who is, generally, the one who is the booker of the cruise (but not necessarily the person who booked the excursion). so, one person gets the benefit applied to the cost of their excursion.

if the excursion only costs $25 or $30 or $40 or $45, there is no value leftover for the second person. the second person pays the full price for the excursion. the remaining credit doesn't get equally divided among all the people in the cabin, nor is there ever any residual value. the benefit applies to one person and not one cabin.

Just an FYI on the post cruise excursion. Here are the terms & conditions. This is probably why you did not receive the $50.00 credit as you were doing a post cruise excursion. The full details can be found on NCL website.

$50 USD Shore Excursion Credit

• Pre-cruise and post-cruise land tours are not eligible for this promotion. 
  • $50 Shore Excursion Credit has no monetary value, are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for actual currency of any value.
  •  
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

How on earth would anyone here know "why" someone did not do something? We're not mind readers.

Don't we think that Guest Relations and Shore Excursion would know?

In fact, Shore Excursions went to Guest Relations asking them why my refund did not appear or was not processed.

GR told SE that the refund will be processed and appear the last night of the cruise. 

Need I say more?

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

I’m guessing the employee gave bad information since you get the credit after the excursion.

You are correct I interfaced with 8 different staff and they all said last night of the cruise.

Lack of training, info, etc.

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Don't we think that Guest Relations and Shore Excursion would know?

In fact, Shore Excursions went to Guest Relations asking them why my refund did not appear or was not processed.

GR told SE that the refund will be processed and appear the last night of the cruise. 

Need I say more?

Yes, actually. What happened aside, you never addressed how I or anyone else where could possibly know "why" someone did not do something...which was my original question. FWIW, you are not some CC newbie by any definition...why did YOU know know why they didn't tell you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJLVW said:

Just an FYI on the post cruise excursion. Here are the terms & conditions. This is probably why you did not receive the $50.00 credit as you were doing a post cruise excursion. The full details can be found on NCL website.

$50 USD Shore Excursion Credit

• Pre-cruise and post-cruise land tours are not eligible for this promotion. 
  • $50 Shore Excursion Credit has no monetary value, are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for actual currency of any value.
  •  

If that is only how it can be used, 8 people including Shore Excursions personnel do NOT know this. The day we got off and gathered for the NY bus tour and drop off at JFK, the SE person I dealt with said all those credit were applied the last night of the cruise. He didn't know why mine was not. He told me to call NCL.

When I called NCL they said it was being processed and could take up to 30 days.

Edited by Oxo

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

if the excursion only costs $25 or $30 or $40 or $45, there is no value leftover for the second person. the second person pays the full price for the excursion. the remaining credit doesn't get equally divided among all the people in the cabin, nor is there ever any residual value. the benefit applies to one person and not one cabin.

That's how it is advertised to work.  On at least one occasion, there was residual and it did reduce the cost of the second person's excursion.

(disclaimer: I have the invoice to prove it, but I'm not going to post it)

11 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's how it is advertised to work.  On at least one occasion, there was residual and it did reduce the cost of the second person's excursion.

(disclaimer: I have the invoice to prove it, but I'm not going to post it)

Let me say this. Your invoice is nothing to NCL on a ship. I had a transfer from ship to airport and showed it to Guest Relations who copied it. I wanted to cancel my transfer since I was booking the excursion mentioned above.

Waited for 2 days on the ship for GR to get an answer from HQ. Was told that I didn't buy a transfer from ship to airport, even though it was on my invoice.

TA called NCL HQ and HQ is processing a refund for that cancelled transfer. That is suppose to take 5 - 10 business days. 

We all must be vigilant and watch our billing on the ship.  

Where does it end?