Changes on Wonder of the Seas compared to other Oasis ships

TheHawk1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ummm...What?   I thought all GS and above on Oasis class ships had freebie internet?  

For some reason I thought I had read it was different on Wonder and Symphony...But I'm not sure now.

Someone will come along quick to correct me if not true.

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

For some reason I thought I had read it was different on Wonder and Symphony...But I'm not sure now.

Someone will come along quick to correct me if not true.

All Sky and Star Class Suites (Grand Suite and up) across the fleet come with

• Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea 
  • Surf + Stream package. One device per person for each guest booked in a Sky or Star suite

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

One big difference is that there are far less Crown Loft Suites that have been replaced by Grand Suites in the suite area.  Not near as nice but selling for the same price.

A lot fewer OS also.  We worried with all the fleet changes and itinerary shifts our Harmony OS we had booked would disappear when they moved us to the Wonder.  I would have been OK with a downgrade to a GS with a large perk to make up the difference.  But, no worries still got moved to an OS.  It's nice the OS are now part of the suite area in CK and SL.  I don't have to walk as far to SL.  Can't wait for Thanksgiving.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

A lot fewer OS also.  We worried with all the fleet changes and itinerary shifts our Harmony OS we had booked would disappear when they moved us to the Wonder.  I would have been OK with a downgrade to a GS with a large perk to make up the difference.  But, no worries still got moved to an OS.  It's nice the OS are now part of the suite area in CK and SL.  I don't have to walk as far to SL.  Can't wait for Thanksgiving.    

It was really the CLS cabins that were reduced the most.   Many of those pax that were booked on Allure and could not be moved to the limited numbers...were offered JS cabins with full suite benefits.  Most of those declined.  

I am very happy with our GS Allure move to Wonder.   Quick call to CS to line up all three three legs into one cabin.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

It was really the CLS cabins that were reduced the most.  ...were offered JS cabins with full suite benefits.  Most of those declined.  

I am very happy with our GS Allure move to Wonder.  

I would have been Ok with a GS and some perks/OBC.  Not sure I would have taken the switch without some healthy kick backs.  JS no way!  I would have moved ships and kept my OS that I got for $3500 pp on Black Friday sale.  True they did reduce the CLS the most because there were more of them than OS.  I almost went for a CLS rather than a OS as we have never been in a CLS.  Sure glad I didn't.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I would have been Ok with a GS and some perks/OBC.  Not sure I would have taken the switch without some healthy kick backs.  JS no way!  I would have moved ships and kept my OS that I got for $3500 pp on Black Friday sale.  True they did reduce the CLS the most because there were more of them than OS.  I almost went for a CLS rather than a OS as we have never been in a CLS.  Sure glad I didn't.  

We, as the ones already booked in a GS...would not have been terribly happy if others in a OS/CLS were given favor to our cabin.  Happy it worked out the way it did for us.  

17 hours ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

All Sky and Star Class Suites (Grand Suite and up) across the fleet come with

• Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea 
  • Surf + Stream package. One device per person for each guest booked in a Sky or Star suite

My point was also that the internet should be a perk on "all" ships fleetwide GS and above.

Kinda crazy that staying in an OS on any class of ship internet isn't included. JMHO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My point was also that the internet should be a perk on "all" ships fleetwide GS and above.

Kinda crazy that staying in an OS on any class of ship internet isn't included. JMHO

Totally agree.  Once again:  RCI ....Really Consistently Inconsistent.  🤔

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

I agree with you about GS and above.  But we have always had internet (two device) included when we have an OS.  

7 hours ago, island lady said:

We, as the ones already booked in a GS...would not have been terribly happy if others in a OS/CLS were given favor to our cabin.  Happy it worked out the way it did for us.  

I would feel your pain, but in the past they have gone by either deposit or final payment date as to who gets to pull rank.  This happened to us once before and we never knew people got bumped.  I know people on our roll call that were in CLS and OS that were moved to a GS.  I have to assume somebody in a GS got downgraded to a JS.  

5 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I agree with you about GS and above.  But we have always had internet (two device) included when we have an OS.  

Then I guess you haven't sailed in an OS on the different classes of RCI ships.

Recently sailed specifically on Navigator, Explorer, Jewel and Serenade and the internet wasn't included in the OS's...which it would have been nice if it were.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Then I guess you haven't sailed in an OS on the different classes of RCI ships.

Recently sailed specifically on Navigator, Explorer, Jewel and Serenade and the internet wasn't included in the OS's...which it would have been nice if it were.

We have never had it included either on ships other than Oasis class in an OS or GS.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I would feel your pain, but in the past they have gone by either deposit or final payment date as to who gets to pull rank.  This happened to us once before and we never knew people got bumped.  I know people on our roll call that were in CLS and OS that were moved to a GS.  I have to assume somebody in a GS got downgraded to a JS.  

That was not me. Still kept our GS...just new location.   Plenty of GS cabins on Wonder...just limited CLS and OS as compared to other Oasis class ships.  All GS cabins are now on 17.  

When they moved everyone from Allure to Wonder for the Med and TA this last summer and the upcoming fall season....it was long before final payment date.  

I read many posts on our roll call as to those that were offered the downgrade to JS cabins with full suite's bennies.  They were all in CLS (mostly) or OS cabins. 

Some may have been moved to what was left of available empty GS cabins right at move over time.  We were able to easily match up our 2 Med legs to the TA leg by moving over a couple of cabins.  A week or so after that...they were all sold out.  I did not read any posts at all of those booked in a GS downgraded to JS.  None at all. 

Edited by island lady

Back OT:

The Mason Jar is the best bar on the ship. Fact. The band are superb. It needs to be bigger. The restaurant is empty every night and needs to be rethought if they are having MJ on Utopia or other ships. Europeans don’t go for the huge portions of heavy food they serve it seems, as apparently when in the USA the line to get into this restaurant is out of the door.

The Music Hall despite its name has all the ambiance of a dentist’s waiting room with the chairs in rows. At least cluster them around small tables…. MH works much better as a venue on Anthem. 

Effectors 2 is much better than Effectors 1.  Great aerial sequences. Like Flight. 

The 365 Ice show is the best on any RCI ship. Very pretty with great music. And Game of Thrones. 

Everything is very LOUD. 

Edited by little britain

10 hours ago, island lady said:

I did not read any posts at all of those booked in a GS downgraded to JS.  None at all. 

Our roll call had a couple of people who canceled due to the downgrade.  I think we got to keep our OS because we had deposited back in November 2019 for a family Thanksgiving cruise for 2020.  We all know how that turned out.  We kept getting rolled over to other dates and ships with finally ending up on Wonder.  It will be interesting to see how the location of the OS compare to the locations on Oasis and Allure.  I think it will much better because of the proximity to SL and CK.