Poor late lunch options on Vision of the Sea

Dublin_Mike

Just returned from Palma at 330 but only food option for a late lunch was a small corner in the solarium, the Park Cafe.   The line was out the door on to the pool deck.   Windjammer closed until dinner.  I hadn't realized how far Royal Carribean has fallen in recent years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

All Vision class are that way and have been.  Nothing new.

I been on a few on this class and I'd have to disagree.  This  is our favourite class, ir had been, in the past.  There seems to be more late lunch options on other cruise lines. 

5 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

It was the exact same way on Serenade in Europe in 2017. I don't think this is new or particularly surprising. Cafe Latitudes probably had some snack type stuff.

Well, maybe, I've been spoiled by other lines that keep a portion of their "Windjammer" open off meal times.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dublin_Mike said:

I been on a few on this class and I'd have to disagree.  This  is our favourite class, ir had been, in the past.  There seems to be more late lunch options on other cruise lines. 

I've been on Grandeur (7 times),  Enchantment (5 times) and Vision (1 time).  The only thing open after lunch hours is Park Cafe and Cafe Latetudes.  WJ has always closed around 3 and MDR isn't open on port days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dublin_Mike said:

There seems to be more late lunch options on other cruise lines. 

If food availability at that time is a criterion, sail those lines or other ships in the RCI fleet. The venue operating hours are listed in the RCI app.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dublin_Mike said:

Just returned from Palma at 330 but only food option for a late lunch was a small corner in the solarium, the Park Cafe.   The line was out the door on to the pool deck.   Windjammer closed until dinner.  I hadn't realized how far Royal Carribean has fallen in recent years. 

Grandeur was the same. Just know going in and then you arent surprised. 

We just are more spoiled now by the newer ships with more options.

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If food availability at that time is a criterion, sail those lines or other ships in the RCI fleet. The venue operating hours are listed in the RCI app.

Btw I think it was you who said when the diamond coffee pot was broke next time ask for vouchers, which I did. A bunch of us, over 50 posted, got sick sat night 1st week and I didnt use mine that much but she was giving out vouchers. Good tip. They have the new part for the booke coffee but 2 crew couldnt figure out how to put it in. So they brought up the new one and couldnt set it up. 

20220916_100753.jpg

20220927_103344.jpg

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Btw I think it was you who said when the diamond coffee pot was broke next time ask for vouchers, which I did.

That is very much a YMMV thing and the few times it happened, they didn't bother with a coffee card like yours - just being D and up got you a limited coffee selection at the coffee shop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Btw I think it was you who said when the diamond coffee pot was broke next time ask for vouchers, which I did. A bunch of us, over 50 posted, got sick sat night 1st week and I didnt use mine that much but she was giving out vouchers. Good tip. They have the new part for the booke coffee but 2 crew couldnt figure out how to put it in. So they brought up the new one and couldnt set it up. 

20220916_100753.jpg

20220927_103344.jpg

Coffee cards must be new. Whenever we have been on a ship with a broken Diamond club coffee machine they have just swiped our seapass cards.

With the coffee card were you still limited to Diamond club coffee options? How would they know you hadn’t purchased a coffee card or do those look different?

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Coffee cards must be new. Whenever we have been on a ship with a broken Diamond club coffee machine they have just swiped our seapass cards.

With the coffee card were you still limited to Diamond club coffee options? How would they know you hadn’t purchased a coffee card or do those look different?

These look different. The one you purchase has 10 punches. And when I walked up he asked do I want a americano or a latte or a cappuccino..which I guess are the choices upstairs? But then someone said they got a carmel mach or whatever and they made exceptions. Lol. The regular ones if you dont use them up can be used on your next cruise. These are dated so idk. 

The machine was broke in dec, this is the new replacement broke. I thought it was biker who told me to ask for a coffee voucher so I did and she had them. Maybe wasnt him. Thanking wrong person.

• Thanks 1