Celebrity Summit: CS cabin 6104 or 9098?

Water709

DH and I have sailed on Summit seven times, so obviously we love this ship.  We have sailed in Aqua class, and also in Sky Suites.  For our 40th wedding anniversary in 2023 we were hoping to book a CS on Summit.  I have actually booked two cruises (not the same month) and one is in CS 9098, and the other is in CS 6104.  Which one would be the better cabin/room?  We have not stayed in a CS before.  Earlier this month we sailed on RCI's Enchantment of the Seas in a Grand Suite.  We really missed our Celebrity Cruise experience/service, but the Grand Suite was indeed grand.  Just wanted advice on which deck CS/location on Summit might be preferable if anyone has experience in either 6104 or 9098.  Thanks in advance!

The bulk of the time we have booked CS it has been on S-class ships.  We actually prefer the layout of a CS on a M-class ship.  Just the luck of the draw so to speak.

We were in CS 9098 on Summit’s sister ship the Infinity.  While we had no noise issues our next door neighbor did.  They suspected that 9098 was under a storage area while the other CS on that floor was under an active area of the Mast Grill.

On the Summit itself we have been in CS 7138 and had absolutely no noise issues at all.  

I would go with the CS 7138.

Good to know!  I checked the deck plans and it looks like 9098 on Summit is beneath the pool deck, so presumably a lot of foot traffic noise all day etc.  One time we stayed in SS 9111, (it was the last cabin available when we booked) and the room was SO HOT.  The a/c never worked right, and when we complained the butler just kept coming in and closing the curtains, saying it was because we had them open too much.  Hmm no, it was because the AC did not work.  Also it was noisy from above.  We have stayed on Deck 6 a few times and have been very happy with that Deck.  We usually book SS 6131 or 6132, but going forward those two cabins (which have larger balconies than other Sky Suites) are going to be "Aqua Suites" (new category) with a higher cost than when they were Sky Suites.  Our butlers on Deck 6 have always been fantastic too.  I love hearing other people's viewpoints, so thanks!!

Definitely take the one on 6.     I have been in both and prefer 6104.   We were in 6106 on our 3rd leg and if you wish take a look at my live reports.   I have pictures of the cabin.

I have been on 9 before and can confirm there is noise from above.  It is directly under the Pool Grill and you will hear early morning carts as well as moving tables and chairs for cleaning. 

re: wifi as reported above I had a wifi repeater in our room 6106 decent speeds compared to what we had in a SS

Edited by Jim_Iain

We have always stayed in CS 6104 when we sailed in a CS suite (about 7 or 8 cruises of 222). It's on the Penthouse deck. At the  time we were sailing in CS, the view unobstructed (by life boat) in that suite; very quiet (no sound from or from next door suite.  I'd say "take 6104". 🙂