Greek protocols have changed, but not on Royals website?

hmorrow

Greece no longer requires testing for fully vaccinated , on cruises 9 days or less.  Princess and Celebrity, have acknowledged this on their websites, and have followed suit. But, not Royal. Wonder why and if they will do a new update.(they JUST did one, and didn't include this) I sent them an email, asking about it. We cruise from Athens on the 17th. Would be nice to not have to test!

17 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Just because Greece no longer requires it, doesn't mean that Royal can't still have the requirement.

RC isn't about to make rules more strict than they need to. It took a few days once Canada changed their rules for RC to update its own. PRobably the same thing here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Greece no longer requires testing for fully vaccinated , on cruises 9 days or less.  Princess and Celebrity, have acknowledged this on their websites, and have followed suit. But, not Royal. Wonder why and if they will do a new update.(they JUST did one, and didn't include this) I sent them an email, asking about it. We cruise from Athens on the 17th. Would be nice to not have to test!

Out of interest, where is this information published? Is it on an official Greek website / government website. I really struggle to find out what the current "rules" are for cruises leaving a Greek port other than on Cruice Critic forums!

J

55 minutes ago, geordie_jim said:

Out of interest, where is this information published? Is it on an official Greek website / government website. I really struggle to find out what the current "rules" are for cruises leaving a Greek port other than on Cruice Critic forums!

J

I read it on the celebrity cc forum

it had screen shots from their website.

Greece dropped all the requirements on 24 September. RCL website says "updated 30 September, effective 1 October"  Proctored testing for any cruise that visits Greece is still required,  according to the website.   Kinda looks like RCL missed the boat on this,  any bets on when or if they will catch up?

On 10/3/2022 at 4:37 AM, crazyank said:

Greece dropped all the requirements on 24 September. RCL website says "updated 30 September, effective 1 October"  Proctored testing for any cruise that visits Greece is still required,  according to the website.   Kinda looks like RCL missed the boat on this,  any bets on when or if they will catch up?

By my oct 17 cruise🤞

13 hours ago, crazyank said:

Website still says testing required for cruises visiting Greece.  

Website updated. If you're fully vaccinated, no testing for cruises 9 nights, or less.  You have to go to "Greece", under the healthy sail site.

YAY