A "Serious" Question For Those Cruising on Coral Princess Recently

Usually on the 1st Formal Night on a Princess Cruise they offered Escargot on the MDR Menu.  Do they still offer them or ... gawd forbid ... are they (yukkie) "Mushroom Escargot"???

I can't eat dirt, and mushrooms taste like dirt to me.  Just asking?

Edited by LC1950

11 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I had snails twice in August, no mushrooms in mine. They were served on the second formal night and I think they were much nicer than on Royal Caribbean. 

I think they might be running low on snails. We had really nice ones in June. On our first September cruise they were OK but I started noticing traces of mushroom. Last night they had lots of mushroom in them. The flavour was very noticeable.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think they might be running low on snails. We had really nice ones in June. On our first September cruise they were OK but I started noticing traces of mushroom. Last night they had lots of mushroom in them. The flavour was very noticeable.

What was the meal called, just snails?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

That sounds too French and up market to include mushrooms

It shouldn't include mushrooms. Coral seems to like putting mushrooms in all sorts of weird things. In Club Class they had a Lobster Thermidor special one night - it had bloody mushrooms in it. We sent it back and ordered something else. Next time they had that special the head waiter arranged for some mushroom-free lobsters for us. They were yummy!

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It shouldn't include mushrooms. Coral seems to like putting mushrooms in all sorts of weird things. In Club Class they had a Lobster Thermidor special one night - it had bloody mushrooms in it. We sent it back and ordered something else. Next time they had that special the head waiter arranged for some mushroom-free lobsters for us. They were yummy!

So the lobsters 🦞 went to Club Class? Us in steerage never saw one in the 13 Sept to 22 Sept Coral jaunt.

Just now, NSWP said:

So the lobsters 🦞 went to Club Class? Us in steerage never saw one in the 13 Sept to 22 Sept Coral jaunt.

Club Class

Bayou Cafe

Ultimate Balcony Dining

You are gonna pay one way or another. Even the lobster rolls at the grill on Majestic have a price.

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There were lobsters served on the second formal night on the 25th June-3rd July cruise. However, they were easy to miss on the menu.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

You should have chosen the prawns on the second formal night. They came with a lobster tail. Available to anyone. I saw some people getting two last night in the MDR.

• Like 1