Vista Suite first experience

jerbeth

Decided after so many canceled plans that we would treat ourselves to a suite for the very first time in over 40 cruises.😀  This may seem silly, but I see that one of the perks is a complimentary specialty dinner on Embarkation day. Just wondering how that works.  Any time I have tried to set up specialty dining for that first time - on another line I will admit - we could only get very late times and we would want not later than 6:30 - 7.  If it is through the Medallion App, how far ahead of departure does that start to work? Thanks for any help.

47 minutes ago, jerbeth said:

Decided after so many canceled plans that we would treat ourselves to a suite for the very first time in over 40 cruises.😀  This may seem silly, but I see that one of the perks is a complimentary specialty dinner on Embarkation day. Just wondering how that works.  Any time I have tried to set up specialty dining for that first time - on another line I will admit - we could only get very late times and we would want not later than 6:30 - 7.  If it is through the Medallion App, how far ahead of departure does that start to work? Thanks for any help.

You can either call to book it or book it in your app right away. When you go to pay it will not charge you anything. 

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

You can either call to book it or book it in your app right away. When you go to pay it will not charge you anything. 

Unless the app doesn't work for you. When we did our one and only suite in April, the app wanted to charge. We waited until we were on the ship. They were super accomodating. We are early dinner folks and they didn't care. Gave us the time we wanted.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Unless the app doesn't work for you. When we did our one and only suite in April, the app wanted to charge. We waited until we were on the ship. They were super accomodating. We are early dinner folks and they didn't care. Gave us the time we wanted.

That is a bummer. Luckily, it has not happened to us....yet.