Beyond split cabana - privacy

zitsky

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ve booked one at least until I can get on board to reconcile the different info I’m seeing, to verify the exact size of the cabana.  I will cancel later if it turns out to be too small.  One pic shows a sofa.  Another shows a lounger with a large cushion that serves as foot rest and/or table.  And I understand that the Beyond is a different ship from the Edge and Apex.  I’m talking about photos from the Beyond.

DA19F0FA-D9A8-46BA-BD0A-D2B5BBE057AF.jpeg

2429FF7A-830E-4931-9249-AF4CE8323714.jpeg

Edited by wendyam76
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

First photo is the split one on Beyond - second full size one. We booked two days for the split one but the first day there was no others booked so we got a full size one!

wendy 

Wendy thank you.  That is very helpful.  Did you see any half sizes that were just a couch?  Your pic obviously wasn’t.  I’d have no problem with the half size in your picture.

How is the food?  I’ve seen the menu.  If you want first lunch and second lunch will they bring it to you?

Edited by zitsky

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Wendy thank you.  That is very helpful.  Did you see any half sizes that were just a couch?  Your pic obviously wasn’t.  I’d have no problem with the half size in your picture.

To be honest it was only on the sea day they had a half size one - never fully booked otherwise. They used the smaller half to store things. Service was excellent and on the second day we took the litre bottle of Kettle Vodka back to the room and ultimately back home! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

To be honest it was only on the sea day they had a half size one - never fully booked otherwise. They used the smaller half to store things. Service was excellent and on the second day we took the litre bottle of Kettle Vodka back to the room and ultimately back home! 

How generous were they with food if you were still hungry?  I don’t think my alcohol is going home with me.  

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How generous were they with food if you were still hungry?  I don’t think my alcohol is going home with me.  

Thank you.

You could order as much as you wanted and The Mast Grill is very handy too. 

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Just let me know if you want to drop in on us. 

Thanks for the  offer.  Might  be fun to take a peek..will we see up you at the Sailaway get together? We always try to stop by  at Sailaway to say hello even if we don't stay too long! We also want to check out the Retreat.

Also waiting to hear if the Gatsby get together is a go..  short cruise..so we want to relax a bit too!

We swim early am at the Solarium or  sit in the shade at outdoor pool....No need for a cabana.  Hope others will post feed back after trying one.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How do you check in for the cabanas?  Who do you talk to?

You don't. Your name is on card on the table and your waiter will come by as you get settled in. They've never asked for my sea pass but they do know the names on the reservation. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You don't. Your name is on card on the table and your waiter will come by as you get settled in. They've never asked for my sea pass but they do know the names on the reservation. 

So if you don’t like the location of the cabana can you just switch cards around before the other cabana party shows up? 🙂

9 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

So if you don’t like the location of the cabana can you just switch cards around before the other cabana party shows up? 🙂

Yes and there is an old British maritime law from 1796 that says you can do that.

11 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Probably not since the name and cabana number are on the card . They've asked which cabana I've wanted before since the ones nearest the Mast Grill (on Edge anyway) were incredibly windy. If they are not full they will let you move to wherever possible. 

27 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Probably not since the name and cabana number are on the card . They've asked which cabana I've wanted before since the ones nearest the Mast Grill (on Edge anyway) were incredibly windy. If they are not full they will let you move to wherever possible. 

You mean they ask you when you show up and let you choose?  Because I have the image of the CEO calling you before the cruise to ask your preference.  🙂

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

Not at all private.  I felt like an animal in a cage at the zoo.  

I’m not expecting private.  I know I’m on a ship with hundreds of other people.  I don’t pay for the Retreat.  This seems like a good compromise.  We have two sea days.  If I find that we can get good seats somewhere on the first day then maybe I’ll cancel the cabana.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We have one a 1/2 booked on the Edge in March for the 3rd day. We do not have a beverage package so the bottle vodka, beer and water is definitely a good deal for us .I will check out on day 1 and hope to pick if they are not all booked for day 3.

Is there someone that I could check with for availability when we board??