Arcadia Next Planned Refurbishment

Sleeptastic

Realistically,  Arcadia needs a mega million pound refit, as she is very tired.  P&O will obviously carry out mandated dry docking,  ongoing maintenance etc, but there is no way that millions of pounds will be spent on her in the last five years or so of service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the maiden for Arcadia and she was a really beautiful ship with some lovely artwork. Shame to see her just fade away but as others have said I very much doubt they will spend money on her now.

I just wonder how long it will be until the smaller ships go.

Have been on Arcadia, Ventura and Britannia over the past few months and thought Arcadia was in as good a state as the other two. Lots of new carpet and furniture and cabin had been refreshed. She was very clean and tidy, in fact better than Ventura I thought. 

Yes, Arcadia is well in need of refurbishment having just spent the last 30 days on her. Personally I think her potential sale or even lay up is not about her condition but more about crew shortages. With the introduction of the Arvia, where will the crew come from as all P&O ships are currently experiencing crew shortages and, many like to be at home for Christmas!  My guess is that Arcadia will go shortly and all crew transferred.