Covid Testing Locations In Sydney?

Hello, 

I am coming in for the 8 night barrier reef on the splendor departing Nov 10th. We will be spending 4 days in Sydney prior, so will not be able to covid test here in the states for 72 hour pcr requirement. Any advice for where is best to get tested in Sydney? We will be staying at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Thank you very much in advance. 

3 hours ago, dlesh77 said:

Hello, 

I am coming in for the 8 night barrier reef on the splendor departing Nov 10th. We will be spending 4 days in Sydney prior, so will not be able to covid test here in the states for 72 hour pcr requirement. Any advice for where is best to get tested in Sydney? We will be staying at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Thank you very much in advance. 

You can do a RAT test yourself 24 hours before boarding and you should be able to pick up some from most chemist shops and take a photo if negative and if asked at check in show them the photo

• Like 4

Easiest to pick up a RAT from a chemist etc, there are several in the area of your hotel, or one on George St near the cruise terminal, and take the test in the morning before boarding. Take a photo of it with your ID and a phone showing date and time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sailing87 said:

Easiest to pick up a RAT from a chemist etc, there are several in the area of your hotel, or one on George St near the cruise terminal, and take the test in the morning before boarding. Take a photo of it with your ID and a phone showing date and time. 

Agreed. By far the easiest and cheapest way to meet the requirements set by the cruise company. BTW, a RAT is a 'rapid antigen test' and can be purchased from any chemist shop (drugstore) and many other stores for around $8 or so each.

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. By far the easiest and cheapest way to meet the requirements set by the cruise company. BTW, a RAT is a 'rapid antigen test' and can be purchased from any chemist shop (drugstore) and many other stores for around $8 or so each.

I have many RAT home test kit at home. Can we bring home test kit on a flight from the U.S. to Sydney and use it for testing to meet the cruise line requirements?

• Like 1

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

I have many RAT home test kit at home. Can we bring home test kit on a flight from the U.S. to Sydney and use it for testing to meet the cruise line requirements?

I don't see why not. Neither the cruise lines nor the government specify a particular brand of RAT. We have several different brands.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Sure, most of the RATS are probably made in China 🇨🇳 anyway. One I used the other week pre Coral was.

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Woolworths had pack of  3 for $20.

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

I took a box of RAT tests with me from NZ to Brisbane to do my own test prior to boarding. Double checked and they were fine in airplane hand luggage (we didn't check in any luggage). So yes, you can BYO 🙂

On 10/11/2022 at 3:47 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I don't see why not. Neither the cruise lines nor the government specify a particular brand of RAT. We have several different brands.

I don't know if the cruise line protocols in Australia point to the Australian approved list, but the government did specify a list of 50+ brands that were approved for use in Australia.

https://www.tga.gov.au/obtaining-approved-covid-19-rapid-antigen-tests

By the same token, a test accepted by a cruise ship in Florida is also going to be accepted by a cruise ship in Sydney.

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

I don't know if the cruise line protocols in Australia point to the Australian approved list, but the government did specify a list of 50+ brands that were approved for use in Australia.

https://www.tga.gov.au/obtaining-approved-covid-19-rapid-antigen-tests

By the same token, a test accepted by a cruise ship in Florida is also going to be accepted by a cruise ship in Sydney.

Thanks for the link.   Just checked and my test kit is one of the approved ones.  

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 8:12 PM, windsor26 said:

Most medical centres have covid testing  but you need to make a booking on line   google the nearest to the hotel/quay

Government requirements also include a RAT 24 hours time and date stamped photo .no need to get a medically certified and alot easier and cheaper.