Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, we called Guest Services to report it. We also asked for some blankets and they sent us four so we're rugged up well.

That’s good. Real blankets or pool blankets? As Frank gets so hot under doonas (that he sleeps just under sheet) and if I could get doona replaced with a blanket I would.

33 minutes ago, Wombat706 said:

Best wishes to all those on board with Covid and it sounds like you are being well looked after - that is a relief.  We have friends on this cruise but have not heard from them as they are not inclined to use emails etc while away.

Going back to the embarkation process in Sydney, were the RAT photo's (or equivalent) looked at ?  This is only a general question - not blaming anyone or trying to stir up a hornet's nest 🙂 I am interested as we sail from the OPT on Nov 3. 

Trust your friends are ok. As far as I am aware from captain reports he indicated cases were mild or asymptomatic so sounds like even if there are numbers it’s not dire emergency 

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

We are allowed maintenance; our info letter states that if we have a balcony we just need to step onto it while maintenance attended too, or if no balcony then just maintain as much social distance as you can

Our balcony is uncovered so I'm not going to be very happy if I have to go out there. Most of the cabin stuff that gets maintained is accessed from outside the cabin. 

Just now, Cbtours said:

That’s good. Real blankets or pool blankets? As Frank gets so hot under doonas (that he sleeps just under sheet) and if I could get doona replaced with a blanket I would.

They feel a bit thicker than the pool ones. Just ring Guest Services.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

When I just popped up to buffet, a couple came to my lift, she had mask, he didn’t, next floor another guy got in and promptly started coughing (into his hand). 

from now on I’m taking the stairs!!! It’s just plain common sense we all need 😩😩😩

Have only used the lift once, and that was at 3am in the morning on the first night. I realise that the stairs aren't an option for many though. And here we are with the dreaded lurgy😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gazpam said:

Lost count how many times I contacted them. In the end, lunch arrived about 4.15pm then dinner at 5.30pm, then a second dinner at 7pm. 🤣. Have managed to get our beautiful regular Lady for our phone order today, so I am sure today will be quite different. 

Value your beautiful regular lady.  I put far more positive comments in than negative ones, but I think people should be accountable for bad service esp when they neglect people in isolation.  Food delivery could be highlight of their day!!   

• Like 1

Just off topic- I was wondering if this cruise has qualified for “duty free “ status?? You didn’t do the International Waters stop at Willis Island and there wasn’t the usual Bali or Komodo Island stop to give you International status. Considering a similar itinerary next year.

Thanks 😎

2 hours ago, Bonne Voyage said:

We had problem with our heating/ cooling in our September cruise we were freezing with it on the highest setting 

We reported it and it was in fault mode, they fixed it very quickly and it gave us no further problems.

Maintenance staff may not be able to enter your room at the moment.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better today and your husband is still negative.

Keep up the interesting discussion, I particularly like your mask comments my husband often commented that passengers must breath through their chin.

Kind regards Heather 

On the Coral 13th Sept cruise, my cabin was the same, cold outside and I put the thermostat on highest, still not warm. I was in C333.

Just now, aussiecruiser66 said:

Just off topic- I was wondering if this cruise has qualified for “duty free “ status?? You didn’t do the International Waters stop at Willis Island and there wasn’t the usual Bali or Komodo Island stop to give you International status. Considering a similar itinerary next year.

Thanks 😎

We did go to Willis Island, the day before we stopped at Cairns. They do it that way around as the shipping channel north of Cairns is inside the GBR. 

• Like 2

Just now, NSWP said:

On the Coral 13th Sept cruise, my cabin was the same, cold outside and I put the thermostat on highest, still not warm. I was in C333.

We've had five different cabins on three different decks on Coral and this is the only one we've had air-con problems in. I've had cabins in the past that were a bit too warm for me at night so I started packing a small room thermometer to check it wasn't just me. It's currently showing 17.9C. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks 😎

Why do you think they didn't do the 'drive-by' of Willis Island? I am pretty sure they did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've had five different cabins on three different decks on Coral and this is the only one we've had air-con problems in. I've had cabins in the past that were a bit too warm for me at night so I started packing a small room thermometer to check it wasn't just me. It's currently showing 17.9C. 

We have had no problem at all. Just an observation, I just went to pick up some goodies at international cafe and the air conditioning is freezing going down the stairs.

looking at the shivering cruisers coming back from on shore they said it’s freezing wind outside. Not so bad to be in iso today 🥰

Just now, Cbtours said:

We have had no problem at all. Just an observation, I just went to pick up some goodies at international cafe and the air conditioning is freezing going down the stairs.

looking at the shivering cruisers coming back from on shore they said it’s freezing wind outside. Not so bad to be in iso today 🥰

At the moment we're freezing on our balcony as they are checking the air-con vents in the cabin.

Talk about bad timing - they are cleaning windows or something on an upper deck and wanted us to move. We can't!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks Julie for clarifying that part of the itinerary. Must have missed that “stop” on the itinerary as.It was a while ago since I looked at it!!!

I feel we sailed past closer than the 26 June cruise.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

At the moment we're freezing on our balcony as they are checking the air-con vents in the cabin.

Talk about bad timing - they are cleaning windows or something on an upper deck and wanted us to move. We can't!

Oh no. Are Four blankets helping???  Hopefully it’s fixed soon. Is there a st Bernard with a brandy barrel round it’s neck to warm you up???

Just now, Cbtours said:

Oh no. Are Four blankets helping???  Hopefully it’s fixed soon. Is there a st Bernard with a brandy barrel round it’s neck to warm you up???

I'm seriously considering ordering some cognac!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

My husband always asks for a blanket as he finds the doona too hot. It was much worse when they went through a  period of only having a doona with no top sheet .We always asked for top sheet. At least they have come to their senses in that regard.

• Like 2