In room movies

Therobielyn's

Hi Everyone,

Was just on RCCL and was looking forward to retiring one night, ordering some room service and watching a movie with DW.

Only one problem....RCCL has discontinued offering free in room movies.

We are sailing on Spirit in 3 weeks and remember that the last time we sailed Carnival (pre covid) we enjoyed watching a movie in the room.

Are these still offered? 

Depends on what ship youre on. I was on both the Magic & Liberty this year and like the person above said they have two channels and theres not much selection. I was also on the Mardi Gras and it had the on demand movies, like the Horizon also did. However the select is limited and the movies that were available were the same ones as in July, and those were the same ones that were available in March. Set your expectations to mediocre and you'll be good. 

• Like 2

That's the one thing I noticed when I recently started sailing Carnival... out side of their app their technology stinks.   No reason all the ships don't have interactive TV's.  You should be able to order room service, check account, etc on the TV and not just on a few ships. Sadly we sailed on Horizon first so thought all ships were like that.

• Like 1

We were on the Spirit for 8 days in July and I believe the TV was on for less than an hour total, the selection is definitely lacking.  I downloaded six movies onto our I Pad and we ended up watching 4 of them throughout the cruise.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

That's the one thing I noticed when I recently started sailing Carnival... out side of their app their technology stinks.   No reason all the ships don't have interactive TV's.  You should be able to order room service, check account, etc on the TV and not just on a few ships. Sadly we sailed on Horizon first so thought all ships were like that.

Interactive TV is so 1990s.  I remember checking our account balance, ordering room service and checking out of the hotel in the late 1990s when I was a teen traveling with my parents.

These features have generally migrated toward apps, where they’re more customizable and much more user friendly.

10 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

Interactive TV is so 1990s.  I remember checking our account balance, ordering room service and checking out of the hotel in the late 1990s when I was a teen traveling with my parents.

These features have generally migrated toward apps, where they’re more customizable and much more user friendly.

I agree. But you can only do one of those example activities (check your account) from Carnival's app.

18 hours ago, matymil said:

Depends on what ship youre on. I was on both the Magic & Liberty this year and like the person above said they have two channels and theres not much selection. I was also on the Mardi Gras and it had the on demand movies, like the Horizon also did. ......

The original post was asking about Spirit, which doesn't have any on-demand content available.

9 minutes ago, Cruisegirl1919 said:

You can order room service from the Hub app as well. And as there's no "checking out" on a ship, that's moot. 

You can order a pizza delivery on the app but that's about it - you've always had to call 8000 to order a BLT or continental breakfast. At least on the ships I've been on.

5 hours ago, groundloop said:

The original post was asking about Spirit, which doesn't have any on-demand content available.

Yeah i know. That's why i specified the ships that i was on that had it and the ships that i was on recently that did not.