Priorty Embarkation for suites, can other family cabins traveling with us, board with us?

4sslack

FWIW ... We were in a RS on the Summit this summer.

There was a couple in the PS who had their children and grandchildren on board, in non suites, who monopolized our poor butler and created a very loud dining experience in Luminae. They were a party of 12 with an age range from toddler to 80s.

We paid full price (no FCC, no Move Up) for our suite.

On boarding day we were in the hallway when we saw and heard an adult child of the PS guest ream out the butler for catering to her parents and family since they were in the RS. The butler then felt obligated to prioritize the service of this group.

Moral of this story ... please be mindful and kind to your service team and fellow passengers,

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

one person tosses grandma in a wheelchair

( Off Topic--- Been on several Air Canada flights where 14 wheelchair passengers board first and miraculously 12 are cured during the flight)!!

Back on topic--

" Can we ALL have priority boarding "---  NO-- Why even ask ?  

But, but, "There are young children and babies, and inexperienced cruisers"

LOL----Oh, that makes it different-- sure, just tell that to all the other suite passengers !!

More " interesting "----How will their Butler " control " yes, " control " what seems like an " Entitled " group ? The " WE want, We need, Make sure there is, and Don't forget to, etc,etc."

I hope the Butler knows how to say " Sorry- I'm not hired to serve your entire group".

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

( Off Topic--- Been on several Air Canada flights where 14 wheelchair passengers board first and miraculously 12 are cured during the flight)!!

Back on topic--

" Can we ALL have priority boarding "---  NO-- Why even ask ?  

But, but, "There are young children and babies, and inexperienced cruisers"

LOL----Oh, that makes it different-- sure, just tell that to all the other suite passengers !!

More " interesting "----How will their Butler " control " yes, " control " what seems like an " Entitled " group ? The " WE want, We need, Make sure there is, and Don't forget to, etc,etc."

I hope the Butler knows how to say " Sorry- I'm not hired to serve your entire group".

If an adult  does not have enough life experience  to board a cruise ship without the help of a fellow cruiser then they should not be having children!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

On 10/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, 4-2-N-8 said:

Flat out disrespectful to those of us who always pay the full price (not a "move up") to actually have the elevated experience.

Simply ask them to pay for the experience just as myself and others like me have done.

I'm not the bad guy here for being candid in response. I intend no offense at calling this for what it would be: disrespectful to even think of doing it, let alone attempting it.

Almost akin to chair hogs (don't get me started).

The only part of your post I find somewhat offense with is how you feel the need to distinguish yourself as someone who paid full price rather than a move up.  You have no idea how much people do or do not pay to move up and I'm not sure why it matters.  It's akin to comparing someone who paid price "x" and then someone else got it cheaper at a sale and paid price "y", and then saying the first person should have more privilege.  Not cool.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, 4sslack said:

Wanted some input for this question...

We are in a RS, and have had other family in an OV cabin, board with us in priority suites line...

However, we have 10 other cabins booked, Family all traveling together, and they are OV or V...

There are young children and babies, and inexperienced cruisers...

Will they let All of us board through the priority suite line?  TIA

No, they won't let you all board and IMHO to do so would be incredibly inconsiderate of those who are paying for the privilege of being in a suite as well as not fair to others who don't happen to have a relative in a suite trying to get them special favors.  Maybe the right and most considerate thing to do is to change your cabin to the same kind of cabin as the rest of your group.  That's something I certainly would do out of respect for my family members.  And be advised that if you want them to dine with you in Luminae (and considering the young children and babies comment you won't make a lot of friends that way), they will need to pay each day, and then it will be based on availability which could be a problem given the size of your group.  And they also aren't allowed in any other Retreat areas so hopefully you didn't plan on letting them in.

6 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

The OP only asked a question.

I’m as guilty as most for challenging some views (especially negative ones from an Elite+ contributor) on here but I think the question’s been well and truly answered! 

Agree the OPs question has been answered. However, I do think that some guests (with extended family) can ‘push the boundaries’ of acceptable expectations. I am not suggesting the OP is one of them but it does explain the number of responses.

We were on a cruise in a RS  shortly after the laundry perk was changed from ‘unlimited’ to twice per cruise. We were told this was because some upper suites with extended family in other rooms literally were sending in the full family washing!

From personal experience we were on a cruise where the PH guests were very demanding on behalf of their extended family putting the butler and Retreat staff in a difficult position…They do want to offer great service to higher suite guests but not at the expense of other guests…a fine balance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

No, they won't let you all board and IMHO to do so would be incredibly inconsiderate of those who are paying for the privilege of being in a suite as well as not fair to others who don't happen to have a relative in a suite trying to get them special favors.  Maybe the right and most considerate thing to do is to change your cabin to the same kind of cabin as the rest of your group.  That's something I certainly would do out of respect for my family members.  And be advised that if you want them to dine with you in Luminae (and considering the young children and babies comment you won't make a lot of friends that way), they will need to pay each day, and then it will be based on availability which could be a problem given the size of your group.  And they also aren't allowed in any other Retreat areas so hopefully you didn't plan on letting them in.

We wouldn't change our stateroom category to accommodate others. We would say to the rest in our group, see ya around the ship. We also wouldn't even think of letting others piggyback with us. Agree, inconsiderate to others and selfish to even consider it. But we choose to no longer cruise with family or friends. 

• Like 4