Confused about Greece requirements

propanelady

NCL states Greece requires a Covid-19 booster prior to embarkation if your primary vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from the voyage.  Then it goes on to state in lieu of a booster 270 days after the primary series, guests may present other documentation.   Does this mean the booster has to be within 270 days of disembarkation?  My booster was 245 days after my primary vaccination but that was on December 23, 2021.  I am just so confused by the wording.

There is a new Omicron variant specific booster, referred to as a bivalent vaccination meaning it contains mRna componants for both the original strain and the BA.4 and the BA.5 contagiens.  It was only released to the public at the end of September, and makes all past solutions obsolete.    So Greece will be expecting you to show that paperwork.  

6 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

There is a new Omicron variant specific booster, referred to as a bivalent vaccination meaning it contains mRna componants for both the original strain and the BA.4 and the BA.5 contagiens.  It was only released to the public at the end of September, and makes all past solutions obsolete.    So Greece will be expecting you to show that paperwork.  

Could you show where you got this information.

I cannot find this requirement anywhere.

@propanelady

The statement is :- 

All guests over the age of 18, whose primary COVID-19 vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from their voyage, must have a COVID-19 booster prior to embarkation.

Don't read too much, in fact don't read anything, into what is to be found after this IF you have a booster.

It is clear if it is more than 270 days since your primary vaccination and you have a booster you are "GOOD TO GO".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisinsc1 said:

Where are you getting this information? On NCL website at Travel Requirements by Port & Country (ncl.com) , under Greece it says "Nothing required for embarkation".

It also states the following:

Guests who are unable to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination regimen, including booster**, will be considered unvaccinated. Unvaccinated guests may be required to test occasionally throughout the voyage if deemed necessary by Greek Authorities. 

As I read it, everything depends on where you first embark your cruise. It it is at the port of Athens (Piraeus). I bolded that part. 

Greece Cruise Protocols

Country Requirements

Testing must be administered by a verified third party.

For cruises originating from a Greece port (i.e. Piraeus and Crete😞

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 12 Nothing required. Nothing required.
12 to 17 Years Nothing required for embarkation

NOTE: Guests who are unable to provide proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose primary vaccination regimen at embarkation will be considered unvaccinated. Unvaccinated guests may be required to test occasionally throughout the voyage if deemed necessary by Greek Authorities. Guests would be responsible for the cost*
Nothing required for embarkation

NOTE: Guests who are unable to provide proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose primary vaccination regimen will be considered unvaccinated. Unvaccinated guests may be required to test occasionally throughout the voyage if deemed necessary by Greek Authorities. Guests would be responsible for the cost*

≥ 18 years Nothing required for embarkation

NOTE: Guests who are unable to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination regimen, including booster**, at embarkation will be considered unvaccinated. Unvaccinated guests may be required to test occasionally throughout the voyage if deemed necessary by Greek Authorities. Guests would be responsible for the cost*
Nothing required for embarkation

NOTE: Guests who are unable to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination regimen, including booster**, will be considered unvaccinated. Unvaccinated guests may be required to test occasionally throughout the voyage if deemed necessary by Greek Authorities. Guests would be responsible for the cost*

* Approximate cost per Covid-19 Antigen test is $95. The approximate cost per PCR is $199. This cost may vary and is the responsibility of the guest.

** All guests over the age of 18, whose primary COVID-19 vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from their voyage, must have a COVID-19 booster prior to embarkation.

• In lieu of a booster 270 days after the primary series, guests may present a government recognized or official medical Certificate of Recovery.
    • For European Citizens, this would include an EU Green Pass or comparable certificate.
    • For all others unable to present an EU Green Pass (i.e. U.S. citizens) a doctor’s note, plus a laboratory confirmed PCR test result with the proper information (i.e. name, date, date of birth, positive result, etc.) will be accepted.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, propanelady said:

NCL states Greece requires a Covid-19 booster prior to embarkation if your primary vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from the voyage.  Then it goes on to state in lieu of a booster 270 days after the primary series, guests may present other documentation.   Does this mean the booster has to be within 270 days of disembarkation?  My booster was 245 days after my primary vaccination but that was on December 23, 2021.  I am just so confused by the wording.

It is indeed confusing, due to the differences in the definition of "fully vaccinated" between the US and the EU, and the use of the word "booster". Basically, in the EU (including Greece)

- you are considered "fully vaccinated" if you have had a full primary vaccine series (usually two shots, one shot for J & J),

but

- you are not considered "up to date" if more than 270 days have passed since you had the second shot of your primary series (one for J & J). In this case you need one (1) booster, but this booster does not expire ie does not fall under the 270-day rule.